TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer

Split from ITV Programming Thread (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BM
BM11
New tralier out- shows Rita seemingly correctly guessing Daisy is Kelis.
Last edited by BM11 on 17 January 2020 1:27pm
JA
james-2001
But the important question is, have your parents heard of Kelis?
BM
BM11
But the important question is, have your parents heard of Kelis?

Nope - only a vague recollection of Pitch Battle which she was a judge on.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If we've moved on from our own views to our parents, my mum's 54 and she's seen Kelis live three times.
JA
james-2001
My dad bought several Skunk Anansie albums back in the 90s, and he'd be nearly 70 if he was still alive. So forget over 50s not knowing who Skin is.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Also Kelis' career has spanned a long period of time. As much as it might depress me, Milkshake is 17 years old this year. Shocked
JA
james-2001
Also Kelis' career has spanned a long period of time. As much as it might depress me, Milkshake is 17 years old this year. Shocked

And Got Your Money and Caught Out There have passed 20...
BM
BM11

A long time for younger people like us but not sure it's what a lot of people would say is a long time when they are performers with 40+ years career still going.
JA
james-2001
You're a "younger person", yet you complain that the show isn't catering to over 50s (or at least your/your parents perceptions of what over 50s like)...

WH
Whataday Founding member
BM11 posted:

A long time for younger people like us but not sure it's what a lot of people would say is a long time when they are performers with 40+ years career still going.

Give us a list of names then - what would your/your parents' ideal lineup be?
BM
BM11
Why is it when someone is not familiar with one or more of the line up who seemingly they should know the reaction online is mockery. It's a show where the end result is your feeling on the person revealed - the entertainment value is diminished if you never guess the identity because you don't know the person. My parents are getting all excited guessing people they know and it's saddening knowing they won't get any enjoyment from the reveal.
Last edited by BM11 on 17 January 2020 4:40pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think the mockery comes from the fact that you want a national, prime time television show to book performers specifically that your parents know.

But as I said, I'd be curious to hear your suggested lineup.

Newer posts