The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
The secondary set in N9 made creative use of the space available, back in the day. As did it’s latter-most predecessor in the flags era. But I loved it.
DE
deejay
Are there any instances where Focus On Africa might run on the BBC World News Africa feed only with all other continental feeds staying with breaking news?

I can’t recall if there is a dedicated feed from presentation of World News to Africa. (It’s possibly part of the Europe feed?). The priority in breaking news is to get the programme to the partner broadcasters (who help pay for it) and that goes out via a different route from NBH and bypasses world presentation.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes it's more a World Service programme than a World News one. It goes out on the World Services distribution to stations that show it
HA
harshy Founding member
Is it on c band 1w?
RK
Rkolsen
So that explains a Focus on Africa separate feed on a multiviewer image I saw on twitter.
MI
TheMike
Anyone spotted the product placement version of The Travel Show titles on BBC World News?

Prominent appearance of Turkish Airlines branded planes

The titles start with the Product Placement symbol - I was wondering how they would get away with it given the programme is also on BBC News in the UK, when it soon became clear that all you need to do is change the titles...!
JO
Josh
Do you have a copy of the titles so we can compare?
JF
JF World News
Anyone spotted the product placement version of The Travel Show titles on BBC World News?

Prominent appearance of Turkish Airlines branded planes

The titles start with the Product Placement symbol - I was wondering how they would get away with it given the programme is also on BBC News in the UK, when it soon became clear that all you need to do is change the titles...!

They make three edits I think as you clearly see where the break is in the UK version, they produce one for world, one for UK and one for BBC One Breakfast / filler
UK
UKNewsHound
Josh posted:
Do you have a copy of the titles so we can compare?

HA
harshy Founding member
Ooh that’s very clever I wonder how much that cost the bbc to create separate versions of complex titles which this one is.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Presumably the default version of the titles is the version without product placement, so the cost of reversioning would be absorbed by the sponsorship revenue?
WH
whoiam989
I'd like to see a triple video comparison of a whole programme (not just the title sequence).

Newer posts