The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
Gibsy posted:
Who is the co-presenter on Sunrise with Stephen Dixon?

Just had a look at the live stream for the straps at the TOTH. Apparently she's called Alison Comyn.
bkman1990, derek500 and Gibsy gave kudos
DE
derek500
Gibsy posted:
Who is the co-presenter on Sunrise with Stephen Dixon?

Good question! No name checks at TOTH.
AJ
AJB39
Alison Comyn was the lead news presenter on UTV Ireland from it’s start until it closed. She’s done overnight shifts on Sky News before but I think this may have been her first daytime shift.
AS
AlexS
AJB39 posted:
Alison Comyn was the lead news presenter on UTV Ireland from it’s start until it closed. She’s done overnight shifts on Sky News before but I think this may have been her first daytime shift.

She was also on Sunrise on Thursday and Friday as the secondary presenter.
AJ
AJB39
I stand corrected. I didn’t watch it yesterday or on Thursday.
RE
Reece24
Stephen Dixon fronting Ridge on Sunday next week.

15 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
Surprised to see Sophy Ridge presenting her own show on the Sunday before a bank holiday in August. I thought she'd be back on the 1st September just before the end of the summer recess.
RH
richard h
It was rather stupid to have 4 different presenters doing the Sophy Ridge on Sunday show in a month. Niall Paterson was the perfect choice as he was her replacement during maternity leave but to then have Ed Conway and Stephen Dixon doing it too seemed a little odd when surely they could have got 1 to do all 4 weeks

This will be an unpopular opinion but I've really gone off Beth Rigby since she became political editor. The latest interview with Boris Johnson I felt like I was watching Adam Boulton as she kept cutting him off every few seconds and was just generally rude going at him like a dog with a bone (or in her case that book). let him speak. Increasingly we get these kind of interviews and to me they just come across as rude and disrespectful

For anyone who thinks I'm calling Beth a dog I'm not. its just the way she goes after someone and she always has that little book in her hands hence the book joke above.
Last edited by richard h on 26 August 2019 6:57am
LL
Incidentally Sophy said she was back at 9am next Sunday but the EPG and BBC website have Marr at 9, followed by a BBC News simulcast from 10-10.30.

Surely this will change, otherwise it'll be a frustrating clash for those of us who flick between the two shows currently.
:-(
A former member
It was rather stupid to have 4 different presenters doing the Sophy Ridge on Sunday show in a month. Niall Paterson was the perfect choice as he was her replacement during maternity leave but to then have Ed Conway and Stephen Dixon doing it too seemed a little odd when surely they could have got 1 to do all 4 weeks

This will be an unpopular opinion but I've really gone off Beth Rigby since she became political editor. The latest interview with Boris Johnson I felt like I was watching Adam Boulton as she kept cutting him off every few seconds and was just generally rude going at him like a dog with a bone (or in her case that book). let him speak. Increasingly we get these kind of interviews and to me they just come across as rude and disrespectful

For anyone who thinks I'm calling Beth a dog I'm not. its just the way she goes after someone and she always has that little book in her hands hence the book joke above.

I know what you mean about Beth. Big fan of hers but feels a bit like she’s playing for retweets recently. I think there may just be an element of finding her feet though - arguably Faisal Islam never really found his and I think Beth will struggle whilst Adam Boulton is still around.

127 days later

LL
Ashna Hurynag who was one of the ITV regional news UK wide reporters until Christmas is joining Sky News in January.

17 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Vanessa Baffoe is the sister of Claudia Liza-Armah and has just also become a Sky News presenter, according to the twitter feed of the latter.

Newer posts