The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Brian Blessed in the glass box with Stephen Dixon and Gillian Joseph: best newscast ever!
TR
trance
Brandon Lewis appeared from a familiar location in Central London on Sophy Ridge.

TT
TTRWE
AJ posted:
I wonder how they'll be able to replace the current Sky One idents with the new design. Will the white boxed "Sky" logo be retained?

Nope, all channels are getting a refreshed logo in due course.

This is a post from a neighbouring thread. So this does also affect Sky News then? If yes I can see a relation between the refresh of the Westminster studio and this? So finally a sign of things to come after 5 years?

Here's a hint.

They're going to be opening the boxes soon,
Last edited by TTRWE on 12 January 2020 12:20pm
ST
Stuart
That was interesting to see Sophy Ridge interviewing Brandon Lewis DTL outside BH. He was due to appear on Marr, but stepped in to also fill the interview slot on Ridge after Ben Wallace (Defence Secretary) dropped out at the last minute,

Furthermore, I noticed that there was no commercial break during Ridge this week. I don't recall that happening before.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Dominic Raab was also DTL on Ridge last week with the camera facing the hotel across the road.
BC
BcastCam
That was interesting to see Sophy Ridge interviewing Brandon Lewis DTL outside BH. He was due to appear on Marr, but stepped in to also fill the interview slot on Ridge after Ben Wallace (Defence Secretary) dropped out at the last minute,

Furthermore, I noticed that there was no commercial break during Ridge this week. I don't recall that happening before.

There are regular DTLs from outside BH on Ridge. Not every week but it's a fairly regular occurrence.

Quite a few have had no commercial breaks recently. None on the first show after the election (15 December, which was also extended to 90 minutes) for example.
DE
derek500
Didn't Ridge go ad free when the BBC moved Marr back to 9am and Ridge moved to 8.30am?
RE
Reece24
Didn't Ridge go ad free when the BBC moved Marr back to 9am and Ridge moved to 8.30am?

Correct
FU
fusionlad Founding member
I see from Twitter clips that Kay was outside Buckingham Palace this morning.

Surely no need to be out there in the middle of Winter when half the show will be in darkness anyway?
MA
Markymark
I see from Twitter clips that Kay was outside Buckingham Palace this morning.

Surely no need to be out there in the middle of Winter when half the show will be in darkness anyway?

No, and there's no one from the Royal Family there anyway, coz obviously they're all up in Norfolk for their summit. BBC Breakfast pointlessly hauled two interviewees to Buck Pal there for a DTL interview too.
KA
Karl072
Any idea of when Kay Burley @ Breakfast will be getting a refresh? I remember her tweeting it’ll be early in the new year
CA
cat
Interesting report in WSJ about NBCU’s ad sales platform refers to “a new *streaming* news service NBC and Sky will launch”

First time I’ve heard it referred to as a streaming service.

Sounds like we should expect something more like CBSN than CNN International.

I wonder where on earth they are going to fit the people and studios at Osterley. Hardly vast amounts of empty space.

Newer posts