TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer

Split from ITV Programming Thread (November 2019)

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
It's getting annoying now - surely we can agree that once unmasked it's fair game. Really guesses aren't spoilers either.

Indeed the irony of this show is they need the "detectives" to not be very good - knowledgeable enough to throw out some plausible names, but not guessing every single one at first sight.

Must say the only weakness, and perhaps it's because of the trickery required to keep it secret, is the unmasking. It just all feels a bit cheap.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
But then if it's someone that someone hasn't heard of, or their parents haven't heard of, it will make people angry anyway, spoilered or not Razz
BM
BM11
It's getting annoying now - surely we can agree that once unmasked it's fair game. Really guesses aren't spoilers either.

Indeed the irony of this show is they need the "detectives" to not be very good - knowledgeable enough to throw out some plausible names, but not guessing every single one at first sight.

Must say the only weakness, and perhaps it's because of the trickery required to keep it secret, is the unmasking. It just all feels a bit cheap.

It is a lot quicker than the aussie version where looking on you tube the celebs take ages and ages to pull the mask off.
BM
BM11

Excellent ratings.

I do wonder
if older audiences will drift away once they work out the show is targeted at the under 50's and the reveals won't be as satisfying for them - from the peak we know the reveal is the part the audience is enjoying the most.
Last edited by BM11 on 12 January 2020 10:26am - 2 times in total
JA
BM11 posted:

I do wonder
if older audiences will drift away once they work out the show is targeted at the under 50's and the reveals won't be as satisfying for them - from the peak we know the reveal is the part the audience is enjoying the most.

BM
BM11
BM11 posted:

I do wonder

Don't mock - for people like my parents the lineup is poor because they is no fun for them guessing those they never heard of.
JA
Obviously being over the age of 50 means you'll have no knowledge of or interest in anyone who's been famous or any music from over the last 30-odd years...
IS
Inspector Sands
Justin Hawkins, or at least his voice, is fairly well known to toddlers and their parents these days:
BM
BM11
Justin Hawkins, or at least his voice, is fairly well known to toddlers and their parents these days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywku_LPLN7g

Most parents of toddlers are under 50 and in the target range.
CA
Cando London London
BM11 posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywku_LPLN7g

Most parents of toddlers are under 50 and in the target range.

Their Grandparents?
GO
gottago London London
My mum’s 60 and knew exactly who it was given that she’d watch and listen to everything I grew up watching and listening to, including The Darkness.

This over 50s thing is garbage.
DB
dbl London London
I
BM11 posted:
BM11 posted:

I do wonder

Don't mock - for people like my parents the lineup is poor because they is no fun for them guessing those they never heard of.

But not every parent is like yours though, some might be vaguely up to date with music. Can we just agree to disagree that some acts might be familiar to some people and not to some. It's fun at the end of the day, not a marketing brief.

Newer posts