TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread.

ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Aren't all the Box channels rumoured to be rebranding under the 4Music brand?

I thought that 4Music itself was being rebranded and repositioned as a comedy channel?
KE
kernow
Sounds like Boxmas / Box Upfront had a proper send-off when it closed down on Thursday, based on the final 3 music videos that were shown.

FG
FraserGJ Wales Wales Today
Box Plus (and previous owners) sometimes do something like this.

I recall the final video on The Hits before it rebranded as 4Music back in 2008 was ABBA - Thank You For The Music

There was nothing for Q, Smash Hits or Heat though...
TI
This Is Granada UTV
I believe Viva's final video before closing down was the Spice Girls 'Viva Forever' which was a nice touch.
Bring back the UTV!
FG
FraserGJ Wales Wales Today
I believe Viva's final video before closing down was the Spice Girls 'Viva Forever' which was a nice touch.

Yeah I remember that - VIVA Germany did the same:

The channel DOG swapping between the previous versions every few minutes is a nice touch too...

I note that Box Hits has taken Box Upfront/BoXmas' EPG slot and the remaining channels have moved up one position (with a gap at 363).

BoXmas lives on as Box Hits seems to be using it's DOG instead of it's own at the moment...
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I wonder if the Box brand will be staying, even if Kiss, Magic and Kerrang get changed? I assume Channel 4 have the rights to the Box name, though they obviously are licencing the other three from Bauer. I can't imagine Bauer felt much need holding on to ownership of the Box name after selling the channels off.
ZE
zeebre12
Was 5USA meant to rebrand or something?
KE
kernow
I wonder if the Box brand will be staying, even if Kiss, Magic and Kerrang get changed? I assume Channel 4 have the rights to the Box name, though they obviously are licencing the other three from Bauer. I can't imagine Bauer felt much need holding on to ownership of the Box name after selling the channels off.

There were rumours on Twitter a while ago that all of the Box Plus Network would be rebranding under the Channel 4 brand, which was expected to be taking place around a year after Channel 4 took full ownership, which would mean the rebrand will be taking place this month, if the rumours are true.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight

I certainly hope not. I quite like this channel, and the current idents are good (better than those on the parent channel).
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Sure you're not thinking of 5Spike?
IN
Interceptor
Is it just me or did the Christmas music 'pop up' channels last a lot longer than normal this time around?

I'm sure they usually give up well before New Year, but both Boxmas and Christmas Starz lasted past epiphany.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Well, in Boxmas's case it was understandable, as the channel closed down instead of reverting to normal.

Newer posts