« Topics
kernow1,447 posts since 18 Jan 2006
Sounds like Boxmas / Box Upfront had a proper send-off when it closed down on Thursday, based on the final 3 music videos that were shown.

PATV Scunthorpe gave kudos
FraserGJ106 posts since 18 Mar 2005
HTV Wales Wales Today
Box Plus (and previous owners) sometimes do something like this.

I recall the final video on The Hits before it rebranded as 4Music back in 2008 was ABBA - Thank You For The Music

There was nothing for Q, Smash Hits or Heat though...
FraserGJ106 posts since 18 Mar 2005
HTV Wales Wales Today
I believe Viva's final video before closing down was the Spice Girls 'Viva Forever' which was a nice touch.

Yeah I remember that - VIVA Germany did the same:

The channel DOG swapping between the previous versions every few minutes is a nice touch too...

I note that Box Hits has taken Box Upfront/BoXmas' EPG slot and the remaining channels have moved up one position (with a gap at 363).

BoXmas lives on as Box Hits seems to be using it's DOG instead of it's own at the moment...
james-20015,816 posts since 13 Sep 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I wonder if the Box brand will be staying, even if Kiss, Magic and Kerrang get changed? I assume Channel 4 have the rights to the Box name, though they obviously are licencing the other three from Bauer. I can't imagine Bauer felt much need holding on to ownership of the Box name after selling the channels off.
kernow1,447 posts since 18 Jan 2006
I wonder if the Box brand will be staying, even if Kiss, Magic and Kerrang get changed? I assume Channel 4 have the rights to the Box name, though they obviously are licencing the other three from Bauer. I can't imagine Bauer felt much need holding on to ownership of the Box name after selling the channels off.

There were rumours on Twitter a while ago that all of the Box Plus Network would be rebranding under the Channel 4 brand, which was expected to be taking place around a year after Channel 4 took full ownership, which would mean the rebrand will be taking place this month, if the rumours are true.
Interceptor802 posts since 20 Oct 2014
Is it just me or did the Christmas music 'pop up' channels last a lot longer than normal this time around?

I'm sure they usually give up well before New Year, but both Boxmas and Christmas Starz lasted past epiphany.