The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Worzel
I think someone accidentally mistook Emma Vardy as Rebecca Vardy in the graphics when her piece from Ireland was introduced by Martine tonight... and it’s Rebekah Vardy for that matter Razz

Could have been worse, she could've been captioned as Jamie Vardy. Laughing
Lou Scannon, AJB39 and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
OW
Owen_ploc
I think someone accidentally mistook Emma Vardy as Rebecca Vardy in the graphics when her piece from Ireland was introduced by Martine tonight... and it’s Rebekah Vardy for that matter Razz

Could have been worse, she could've been captioned as Jamie Vardy. Laughing

Not as bad as this.. lol
AJB39, Spencer and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
SP
Spencer
Looks like the robotic cameras have been making their own fun again this afternoon...

WO
Worzel
Looks like the robotic cameras have been making their own fun again this afternoon...

But no 'if I sidle in, no one will notice'. Very Happy
RN
Rolling News

Not many other presenters would have handled that so perfectly. I can certainly think of a couple who would have made it stilted and awkward.
:-(
A former member
I can’t believe this is still happening. It’s embarrassing.
Owen_ploc, harshy and Ittr gave kudos
DO
dosxuk
Unfortunately the way to stop these issues is to either have every bulletin exactly the same removing the possibility of someone using the wrong template, or have a lot more staff involved. Since the latter would then mean money being taken away from other areas, neither are likely to be popular with members here.

In my opinion, it's live TV. Sometimes things won't go to plan. As long as minor hiccups are dealt with quickly and professionally, as in this case, I don't see what the problem is.
AJ
AJB39

Not many other presenters would have handled that so perfectly. I can certainly think of a couple who would have made it stilted and awkward.

One of the reasons why Martine Croxall is my favourite news presenter. She handles those awkward moments brilliantly.
WO
Worzel
Unfortunately the way to stop these issues is to either have every bulletin exactly the same removing the possibility of someone using the wrong template, or have a lot more staff involved. Since the latter would then mean money being taken away from other areas, neither are likely to be popular with members here.

In my opinion, it's live TV. Sometimes things won't go to plan. As long as minor hiccups are dealt with quickly and professionally, as in this case, I don't see what the problem is.

Baring in mind it took enough badgering to get standing presentation back on the News channel in the first place and to vary the pres, it would certainly be a step backwards to desk-bound the presenters again.

I haven't seen this sort of camera blooper for a while. It's certainly far less frequent than say 2-3 years ago where you'd get a couple a week.
SuperSajuuk, Ittr and BBI45 gave kudos
:-(
A former member

Baring in mind it took enough badgering to get standing presentation back on the News channel in the first place and to vary the pres, it would certainly be a step backwards to desk-bound the presenters again.

I haven't seen this sort of camera blooper for a while. It's certainly far less frequent than say 2-3 years ago where you'd get a couple a week.

Badgering? What on earth are you talking about?
LS
Lou Scannon

Badgering? What on earth are you talking about?

Did Harry Hill try to organise a bager parade on the BBC News Channel?
BF
BFGArmy

Wasn't the only error either yesterday mind. The TOTH at one point in the evening ended with Rachel Schofield in complete darkness and then as she read the top story the lights gradually turned on again. Which to be fair was a new error to add to the books - rogue cameras are so cliche.
Sadly don't have video evidence of it.

Newer posts