TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity.........2019

THE WINNER 2019: SEE PAGE 18 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JT
jolly turnip
indeed. She had been in bottom two a couple of times earlier in the week. I suspect that for many of the core IACGMOOH audience they haven't actually heard of her and her extended families. So a lot of the stories she talks about would mean nothing. Whilst I have heard of her (and can remember her as Bruce the athlete) I have to say I have zero interest in the types of programmes she has become famous on.
I’m genuinely surprised that Caitlyn has gone. I thought she would win.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect most have heard of the family and just avoid them, but I've always fond Caitlyn good value when she's been a guest on other shows. However the big Americans they love to bring in on these type of shows are often without a fanbase in the UK and generally don't make it to the end when it comes to the public vote.
Last edited by Brekkie on 8 December 2019 12:18pm
JW
JamesWorldNews
First Caitlyn and now Kate! I genuinely thought those were the top two and would be head to head in the final. Shows how much I know......
DM
DeMarkay
Nice to hear the extended version of the theme tune at the end there.
BA
bilky asko
First Caitlyn and now Kate! I genuinely thought those were the top two and would be head to head in the final. Shows how much I know......

As much as the result felt like a close one this year, I voted consistently for the winner throughout.

I just hope someone from this year's crop is taken to replace Adam Thomas in Extra Camp. Obviously the style of the show is very ITV2, but for me he crosses the line from excitable to bloody annoying.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Blimey!! Not that I’ve actually seen any of the show apart from clips here and there on the www, but the lady who won was who I predicted would be eliminated first! I hope this win raises the profile of Jacqueline, as she actually seems like quite a nice lady.

32 days later

TI
tightrope78
Judging by a post on Joel Dommett’s IG Extra Camp will not return in 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7HJHSmg--j/?igshid=1073ksnoo6dlv
BR
Brekkie
The Sun reporting its been axed. No surprise really considering the route ITV2 has been going.
Gary Baldy and bilky asko gave kudos
JO
Johnr
It can't have been cheap flying a rotating Z lister panel out, putting them up in the 5 star hotel for a few days and having 3 hosts just for an ITV2 spin off show, that is before you even get into the costs of producing the show itself!

Also the first couple of weeks before the evictions started were basically just filler anyway, and even when the evictions did start the show was always a day behind in having the actual evicted celebrity appear, plus considering This Morning can just link up to Oz and have a chat with the celebs I can quite see why ITV have decided to no longer bother with it
BBI45, bitxoin and Brekkie gave kudos
AD
adamiow
I expect they will still do some extra content as per Xtra Bites for The X Factor, perhaps just getting one person to do the content as well as any bits for This Morning etc. If you just roll it into one of daytime's competitions, that'll cut the cost.

It would be good if they still did something for the end of the series with the year's contestants and the last winner on ITV2 though, perhaps just get Ant and Dec to host.
RE
Reece24
I expect they will still do some extra content as per Xtra Bites for The X Factor, perhaps just getting one person to do the content as well as any bits for This Morning etc. If you just roll it into one of daytime's competitions, that'll cut the cost.

It would be good if they still did something for the end of the series with the year's contestants and the last winner on ITV2 though, perhaps just get Ant and Dec to host.

Another option is a podcast, which is rumoured here...

TT
Telly Twanger
Going down the podcast route,are we?
Considering ITV's axing of BGMT & I think Xtra Factor,I am really not surprised.
Better off keeping Aftersun though,for whatever lifespan that's worth now.

Newer posts