The Gallery

BBC rebrand

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NO
NancerOnTheForum
Alright alright, I get the message. You guys don't like it, so what could I do to make it better? Please tell me some suggestions.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Maybe a good start would be to do a little bit of research. Have a look at how other channels (both at home and abroad) brand themselves and take inspiration from those. Play around with these ideas until you find a style you feel works well for what you are wanting to convey and then once you're happy, repost your work and we'll look forward to having a look.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
Good idea. I've done variants on BBC2 and 3 so I may show those
NO
NancerOnTheForum

I'm deciding to do a different style for each number. I'm not sure what to do for 1 and 4 yet so here's 2 and 3
CN
ClarkNarvas
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549153225706831872/664877342430068746/BBC_2_and_3_redone.png I'm deciding to do a different style for each number. I'm not sure what to do for 1 and 4 yet so here's 2 and 3

Your new ideas really give no improvement, it adds a bit of personality but it doesn't work in small sizes (especially that 2 logo)

I honestly think that your original ideas for 1, 2, 3 and 4 were better and that while you could say it's lazy, it's uninspired and "it takes 5 minutes in PowerPoint", unlike the current BBC branding it's actually consistent and it's simplistic.

Lambie-Nairn's original BBC branding was consistent and simplistic, but it was also lazy, uninspired and "it takes 5 minutes in PowerPoint", That's because it focused more on the surrounding elements of the brand.

CBBC, Cbeebies (I might go so far with BBC Three, as it's serving exclusively on a online space instead of television) in my opinion, should not be affected by an entire cross corporation rebrand that affects logos because their entire brand is about personality, that's also one of the reasons why the original CBBC branding got ditched.

Other than that, If you released this with other brand material, such as the trailer end caps and ident concepts then this would of probably fared better (assuming they were good)

3/5
NO
NancerOnTheForum
"I honestly think that your original ideas for 1, 2, 3 and 4 were better and that while you could say it's lazy, it's uninspired and "it takes 5 minutes in PowerPoint", unlike the current BBC branding it's actually consistent and it's simplistic.

Lambie-Nairn's original BBC branding was consistent and simplistic, but it was also lazy, uninspired and "it takes 5 minutes in PowerPoint", That's because it focused more on the surrounding elements of the brand.

CBBC, Cbeebies (I might go so far with BBC Three, as it's serving exclusively on a online space instead of television) in my opinion, should not be affected by an entire cross corporation rebrand that affects logos because their entire brand is about personality, that's also one of the reasons why the original CBBC branding got ditched."
Good point. I might keep the originals and focus on the onscreen parts. Besides, they did it in the 60s and I didn't see people complaining. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/e/e5/BBC_1_logo_1969.svg/revision/latest?cb=20170503125103
DW
DavidWhitfield
Personally quite like the consistency of having a BBC logo and a block containing a stylised numeral.
Keep going and see if you can make some surrounding presentation, e.g. ECP, etc, as per the advice from ClarkNarvas above.
NO
NancerOnTheForum

A crosspromo concept. Any suggestions to add anything for the Three part?
WH
what
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549153225706831872/664930854576848933/unknown.png A crosspromo concept. Any suggestions to add anything for the Three part?

Reduce the size of the BBC logo and align it with the channel logos.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
what posted:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549153225706831872/664930854576848933/unknown.png A crosspromo concept. Any suggestions to add anything for the Three part?

Reduce the size of the BBC logo and align it with the channel logos.

* How's this?
NO
NancerOnTheForum
I really got add something to that "3" part
NO
NancerOnTheForum

Newer posts