The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RA
radiolistener
Johnr posted:
Levy seems absolutely obsessed with former Hull MP Alan Johnson's appearance on The Masked Singer!

He's obsessed with anything that isn't Very Happy news

Strong words there.
Parker and Lou Scannon gave kudos
RA
radiolistener
I would have thought though that Uncle Peter would be first in line to takeover from Harry on Look North Leeds when HG retires. I take it that's not likely to happen?
JA
JAS84
Definitely won't. Levy isn't far from retirement age himself and he said in a recent Hull Daily Mail interview that he plans to remain in Hull even after he does retire.
Quote:
He said: "Even when I'm retired, which isn't going to be too far away, I would say this is my home now and this is what I like."
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/bbc-look-north-peter-levy-3593879
LS
Lou Scannon
JAS84 posted:
Definitely won't. Levy isn't far from retirement age himself and he said in a recent Hull Daily Mail interview that he plans to remain in Hull even after he does retire.

Being close to the current* state retirement age means nothing. Bob Warman (ITV Central) and Fred Dinenage (ITV Meridian) are still clinging on into their 70s. They'll probably continue until they keel over live on-air à la Tommy Cooper.

(*by the time I get there, the state retirement age will probably be about 94...)
JO
Johnr
I didn't realize Keeley Donovan was now pregnant! Surprised

Didn't she have a relationship with Kay Crewdson at one point? I seem to remember rumours but nothing more...
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It was announced this week.

Not sure about those rumours, they were house sharing at one point.
AN
Andrew Founding member
She’s married to Johnny i’anson off of Radio Leeds
LS
Lou Scannon
Johnr posted:
I didn't realize Keeley Donovan was now pregnant! Surprised

Didn't she have a relationship with Kay Crewdson at one point? I seem to remember rumours but nothing more...

I doubt that Kay is the father of Keeley's child... Laughing
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Is Peter Levy the father???
CU
Cusack

That should be 'She’s married to Johnny I’anson from Radio Leeds'. When did 'off of' become an acceptable phrase?

Back to Look North matters, when Keeley presents the main show at 6.30, but then only does the weather on the late bulletin and someone else presents the news? Seems very odd.
DO
dosxuk
When did 'off of' become an acceptable phrase?

The 16th century
JO
Jon

That should be 'She’s married to Johnny I’anson from Radio Leeds'. When did 'off of' become an acceptable phrase?

Pipe down. It’s a fun colloquialism often used slightly ironically.

Newer posts