TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NA
natoswald
We actually got a second news bulletin at 8am. Doubt we’ll see that on a Piers day.
BM
BM11
Monday from 6.30 to 7 am will just be 30 mins of Piers talking about his column - probably with some outrageous guests brought on to argue with him.
He is currently feuding on twitter arguing with lots of people.
:-(
A former member
BM11 posted:
Monday from 6.30 to 7 am will just be 30 mins of Piers talking about his column - probably with some outrageous guests brought on to argue with him.
He is currently feuding on twitter arguing about mental health.

Correction: Monday to Wednesday from 6.30 to 9am. Every week.
BM
BM11
BM11 posted:
He is currently feuding on twitter arguing about mental health.

Correction: Monday to Wednesday from 6.30 to 9am. Every week.

The first 30 mins wont even mention the morning's news.
CU
Cusack
One of the many downsides to the new line up, the chats with Andrew Pearce and Kevin McGuire & Jacqui Smith and Iain Dale now take place after 7 rather than in the first 45 minutes of the show. I used to enjoy those chats.
Something really bugging me with the new titles is at the 6:30 titles (or the old style TOTH), as it mixes from the final story to the titles you can faintly hear the old drums before the new "The A Team" titles.

from 1:16~
IT
Ittr
Something really bugging me with the new titles is at the 6:30 titles (or the old style TOTH), as it mixes from the final story to the titles you can faintly hear the old drums before the new "The A Team" titles.

1 week on and I still think the titles would have been better by keeping the previous theme or voiceover (or just retaining what we had before, which wasn't broken, so why fix it?) which seemed to flow far more seamlessly. Perhaps the new titles would fit in better had they changed the rest of the sequence, but, as it currently stands, it just seems like it was rushed to a deadline for the sake of it - I wouldn't have minded waiting until September for a more complete revamp.
One of the many downsides to the new line up, the chats with Andrew Pearce and Kevin McGuire & Jacqui Smith and Iain Dale now take place after 7 rather than in the first 45 minutes of the show. I used to enjoy those chats.

I'm not too pleased with that portion being moved around, to be perfectly honest.
KA
Karl072
Can’t take to the new opening. Far too messy and too complicated. No nice flow to them at all hopefully they revert or tweak it. Also not a fan of the first 30 minutes it just feels like they’ve not thought it through. I don’t understand why they prerecord the headlines why doesn’t the news reader just read them out? Not working at all for me they’re going to have to do something to make it flow much better
BR
Brekkie
Have they basically just moved the show and everything within it half an hour later and put half an hour of news as filler at the beginning?

Has anything changed much editorially, particularly in the last half hour in the old Lorraine slot where you'd expect them to have given more room to entertainment and interviews rather than the rushed 4 minute interviews they did at 8.26am.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
I can't be the only one that hears 'The A Team' theme tune in the new title sequence music?

Oh my goodness. You're absolutely right. It's the drumbeat over the date and the orchestral sweep up before the theme kicks in. Can't unhear this now.

Edit: Hope you don't mind my nicking your idea, but I think it fits quite well...

Yep once you hear it there’s no going back! 😂
TV
TVLand
They’ve changed the voiceover this morning, they’ve reduced the pauses and gotten rid of the “Live from Television Centre”. It now sounds much better and flows a lot more seamlessly.
Last edited by TVLand on 13 January 2020 6:19am
RH
richard h
They’ve changed the voiceover this morning, they’ve reduced the pauses and gotten rid of the “Live from Television Centre. It now sounds much better and flows a lot more seamlessly.

I agree it does sound better but I still don't like the new opener with the changes of music. The previous version sounded much more dramatic and like an event at the TOTH this one just happens with no build up

Newer posts