The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Reece24
Kay Burley@Breakfast began at 6:30am this morning to cover the breaking news regarding Iran
PL
plymouthbloke1974
The on-screen Brexit Countdown has returned.

However it’s refreshing not to see the “Brexit Crisis” break bumpers anymore... doubt they’ll ever appear again (thankfully) Smile
WH
what
Kay Burley@Breakfast began at 6:30am this morning to cover the breaking news regarding Iran

I don’t see why they felt her input was needed. It’s Niall’s slot, and he’s long proven himself capable of handling breaking news.
RH
richard h
The Early Rundown started at 5am today too
WO
Worzel
what posted:

I don’t see why they felt her input was needed. It’s Niall’s slot, and he’s long proven himself capable of handling breaking news.

Makes you wonder who made the decision.
MA
mapperuo
what posted:

Im sure Kay had a significant say in it
JK
JK08

To be honest I don't really get why The Early Rundown doesn't begin at 5 every day. A big selling point of the new morning line-up could have been extended morning output, and with the earliest starting breakfast show on UK TV?

Instead, it just feels like the only point in The Early Rundown is because Kay didn't want to start at 6.
richard h and watchingtv gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
JK08 posted:

To be honest I don't really get why The Early Rundown doesn't begin at 5 every day. A big selling point of the new morning line-up could have been extended morning output, and with the earliest starting breakfast show on UK TV?

Instead, it just feels like the only point in The Early Rundown is because Kay didn't want to start at 6.

Obviously they think they won't get enough viewers at 5.
NE
Newsroom
what posted:

Drives me nuts when this happens. CNN are the worst culprits at throwing talent off air in place of the likes of Wolf Blitzer for hours upon hours.
BR
Brekkie
The on-screen Brexit Countdown has returned.

However it’s refreshing not to see the “Brexit Crisis” break bumpers anymore... doubt they’ll ever appear again (thankfully) Smile

Not till after WWIII anyway. Very Happy
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 4:56pm
SK
skyviewer
AJ posted:
I wonder how they'll be able to replace the current Sky One idents with the new design. Will the white boxed "Sky" logo be retained?

Nope, all channels are getting a refreshed logo in due course.

This is a post from a neighbouring thread. So this does also affect Sky News then? If yes I can see a relation between the refresh of the Westminster studio and this? So finally a sign of things to come after 5 years?

Newer posts