TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
*Andrea storms off to HR*
AL
alexjac0788
It looks like they’ve brought back the paper review. Yesterday they had Nick Ferrari and Vanessa Feltz and today it’s Trisha Goddard and Matthew Wright.

I’ll be quite glad if this is a permanent return.
London Lite and DeMarkay gave kudos
ME
mediaman2007
Must be nice for everyone working on the show to see their hard work uncredited. Pointless gimick which will be gone soon enough. If one viewer stayed with ITV because this morning dropped their credits and had a trail for loose women I'd be amazed.
DO
dosxuk
Must be nice for everyone working on the show to see their hard work uncredited. Pointless gimick which will be gone soon enough. If one viewer stayed with ITV because this morning dropped their credits and had a trail for loose women I'd be amazed.

I'd be more amazed if at least one person didn't flip over to another channel when the credits started in case there was something else on.

Credits on daily shows are fairly unusual these days, and it's not like everyone working on the programme will get a credit anyway.
JO
Joe
Must be nice for everyone working on the show to see their hard work uncredited.

I imagine their paycheque probably helps
WH
Whataday Founding member
A far more... stilted exchange today.

MA
Meridian AM
A far more... stilted exchange today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLge7MNNa0

I wonder why! 😄

However, the previous LW preview (where it was only Ruth on camera) at about 12.00-ish felt more awkward than this one.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I mocked up a quick idea of how they could still run with credits without taking up any time.

DW
DavidWhitfield
Looks good to me, Whataday!
DM
DeMarkay
I mocked up a quick idea of how they could still run with credits without taking up any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNbR6RStSdY

Exactly how I imagined it!
BR
Brekkie
Or they could just air full credits as they have done for most of its run, even if it does mean Phil has to cut Ruth off mid-promo.
Ash101, mediaman2007 and watchingtv gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I like the idea, but feel like the text could be slightly smaller, and have cards rather than a scroller.

In my head, I thought they would have done something similar to this by having the ad break a few minutes before the end of a programme (airing the closing sponsorship going into the last few minutes), do a quick feature (viewers messages, spin to win, the headlines & weather for GMB, etc) then hand over to the next programme who would do a coming up segment as the credits for the previous programme ran before starting the show with the next programme’s sponsorship bumper and titles.

Newer posts