Mass Media & Technology

Not for Broadcast

An upcoming TV MCR simulator game (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
IndigoTucker
I came across this YouTube play through of the demo of an upcoming PC game where you play the operator of the MCR of a TV control room - cutting between live cameras, running titles, running adverts, putting in video tapes and bleeping swear words - seems like the sort of thing some of us on here would be interested in.
I think theres some sort of dystopian government slant to it rather than being a straight control room sim through.

JO
Josh
I played the prologue and it looks really promising. It feels somewhat realistic and the storyline looks to be interesting too.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Long time ago I found it was either a piece of software or like a web/Flash based game that was very similar to this but I think it only let you do the schedules and the aim was, much like real life, stick the programmes in the right slots to win the most money, but I don't think it was a dystopian or North Korea style game, it was far more "happy" than that.

But I've never been able to find it again so I'll have to dust my Steam credentials off to get the prologue/demo. Looks interesting.
HA
harshy Founding member
I can imagine this game taking off with TV Forum members!
EL
elmarko
I saw this recently too and it looks like a super fun indie game. I will probably pick it up on Steam.

Josh posted:
I played the prologue and it looks really promising. It feels somewhat realistic and the storyline looks to be interesting too.

How long did it take to get through the prologue?
JO
Josh
I saw this recently too and it looks like a super fun indie game. I will probably pick it up on Steam.

Josh posted:

How long did it take to get through the prologue?

Around 20 minutes
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The walkthought video upthread is pretty much realtime. Sadly my laptop isn't really up to running it, so I was losing points for late cuts because the video was slightly laggy.
IT
IndigoTucker
I wonder if they could be persuaded to release a version for TV pres fans, cutting between TK, slides, adverts, IVC and network feeds Very Happy
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I wonder if they could be persuaded to release a version for TV pres fans, cutting between TK, slides, adverts, IVC and network feeds Very Happy

Of course if they write the software correctly it could be modular, so you could drop your own slides, adverts and feeds in. In an ideal world of course and then you can do what the heck you liked.

In reality it's far more likely to be a series of fixed elements, played in the way that the developers want you to play, ie the sequence of events is already planned and all it boils down to is whether you can click a button on time or not...
SP
Steve in Pudsey

That's called OBS Smile
EL
elmarko
Yeah, if you're going to do that you may as well use a proper mixer software. The element you want is the game part.

Scripted/moddable, hopefully.
IT
IndigoTucker
Scenario 1
15th April 1984
Master Control Room of LWT
You are running the presentation desk at LWT. Jimmy Tarbuck is hosting Live from Her Majestys. What could possibly go wrong?

Newer posts