TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Was there a subtle change of DOG in STV-land following the adverts at 9:25?

Yes: ITV bumper out of the commercials, black screen for a second, sponsorship, then back to Lorraine with STV dog instead of ITC dog. Next break naturally with STV bumpers.
BR
Brekkie
I'm probably the only one who didn't like the pre-recorded look at the news at the TOTH. There's no real reason why Charlotte can deliver that live.

I agree - it seemed to lack the energy of the usual openings and the CBS equivalent.
Jeffmister and London Lite gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I don't think the TOTH will be pre-recorded for long.
DJ
DJ Dave
I also don't like the opening it sounds like to much and the "live from television centre" sounds like it has been added on.

Something like "Live from Itv in London this is Good Morning Britain with....." I think would sound better.
MA
Meridian AM
I also don't like the opening it sounds like to much and the "live from television centre" sounds like it has been added on.

Something like "Live from Itv in London this is Good Morning Britain with....." I think would sound better.

See pages 3 and 4 of this thread 😀
SN
The SNT Three
I'm probably the only one who didn't like the pre-recorded look at the news at the TOTH. There's no real reason why Charlotte can deliver that live.

Given the comparable length of the new opening sequence and the use of 'vox pops' and inserts from correspondents, it's more likely to get out of sync if it's not pre-recorded. It also allows her to move from the desk to the screen. They do a similar thing on Franceinfo starting the headline sequence in one place and ending in another, and you can often tell they're walking while reading - one newsreader recently got caught on camera not making it to her seat on time!
JosiahStuart and London Lite gave kudos
AL
alexhduk
Really liked the “eye-opener” style package at the beginning with Charlotte the first opening could be improved in its flow.

But rewatching the show that new bed at 6:53 was magnificent. Well done to sitting duck music.

I think the new format helps create a nice balance of News and Piers mayhem without him dominating the full programme, how this will work on days he is not there will be interesting.
JosiahStuart and DeMarkay gave kudos
RE
reubz
It felt fresh watching the new Charlotte segment. Got bored with it going back to ego time from 6.30
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I think the first half an hour should be a speaprate program like 'the itv morning news with Charlotte Hawkins' and then have GMB start at 6:30
SN
The SNT Three
reubz posted:
It felt fresh watching the new Charlotte segment. Got bored with it going back to ego time from 6.30

+1. He couldn't even make it through the weather & 6:30 open without disrupting it. Whether you like Piers or not it doesn't show a great amount of respect for his colleagues...
MA
Meridian AM
reubz posted:

+1. He couldn't even make it through the weather & 6:30 open without disrupting it. Whether you like Piers or not it doesn't show a great amount of respect for his colleagues...

He knows his role is the controversial host and the programme wouldn't be as talked about without him. ITV knows this too.
KP
KelpieP0921
With 6-9 slot now, I'd have liked the old "newshour" feel back 6-7. 6-6:30 was decent.

Newer posts