TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
''From ITV, live from Television Centre, this is Good Morning Britain, with Charlotte Hawkins.''

I think that sounds odd as 'from' is repeated too soon. Which is presumably why they've gone for the order they've used.
MA
Meridian AM
''From ITV, live from Television Centre, this is Good Morning Britain, with Charlotte Hawkins.''

I think that sounds odd as 'from' is repeated too soon. Which is presumably why they've gone for the order they've used.

Then they shouldn't bother with the 'Television Centre' part. It isn't really important to the audience and certainly not important enough to say after the programme and presenter names.

'Live from ITV, this is Good Morning Britain, with Charlotte Hawkins.'

Or if they really want a location, say 'Live from ITV in London, this is Good Morning Britain...'
It's not as if the audience don't know it's from London anyway.
JB
JasonB
"This is the world you're waking up to" first shot: people fighting. What a nice way to wake up at 6am.
Lou Scannon and Meridian AM gave kudos
MP
Michael Power
that voiceover was a little over the top, especially with NBC (where they pretty much carbon copied their voice over) toning it down in more recent years...

HJ
HJL
"This is the world you're waking up to" first shot: people fighting. What a nice way to wake up at 6am.

welcome to reality non the less. Put on something else if you don't actually want the news!
WH
Whataday Founding member
Then they shouldn't bother with the 'Television Centre' part. It isn't really important to the audience and certainly not important enough to say after the programme and presenter names.

I tend to agree. "Television Centre" is more about pandering to the ego of the production team in my opinion (as much as I personally like the reference).
Rkolsen, Joe and Meridian AM gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I guess having it there means it's a placeholder for any anchoring from on location?
JK
JKDerry
NBC Today Show name check where they are broadcasting from, Studio 1A at Rockefeller Plaza in New York, so GMB decided to go a similar way too.
MA
Meridian AM
NBC Today Show name check where they are broadcasting from, Studio 1A at Rockefeller Plaza in New York, so GMB decided to go a similar way too.

So they should say 'Studio (number), Television Centre, White City, London'?
DW
DavidWhitfield
Unrelated to the new look, but I found the 'headline' they used for the wildfires story ('Australia on fire') rather unnecessarily tabloidy.
TV
TVViewer256
I didn't watch all of it this morning, when Charlotte came to the main desk between 6.30-9.00 was there any interaction between her and Piers & Susanna, except when she was stood at the screen for the headlines?
DM
DeMarkay
I didn't watch all of it this morning, when Charlotte came to the main desk between 6.30-9.00 was there any interaction between her and Piers & Susanna, except when she was stood at the screen for the headlines?

Yes there was, she trailed them as they were waiting behind the scenes and then they walked into the studio where they cut to the weather with Laura.

Newer posts