TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer

Split from ITV Programming Thread (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LS
Lou Scannon
With regards to Saturday Night Takeaway, I have heard it will be produced from Television Centre, the original home of the BBC - that will look strange if they use TC1, given the show uses the outside of their studio building a lot, as they did with Studio 1 at London Studios.

A precedent for the exterior of TVC featuring prominently in ITV programmes has already been established in GMB and This Morning though, so it won't be all that strange! The latter has certainly done outdoor segments of the programme since moving to TVC, as well as the building featuring in their title sequence. I'm not aware of it featuring in GMB beyond their title sequence though.

And it is of course referred to by the distinctly sans-"BBC" name of just "Television Centre" within such programmes. A&DSNT would of course do likewise, not least of all because that is the facility's de facto name nowadays.

Plus, Auntie Beeb has well and truly established the exterior of NBH as its signature building image in recent history, through the likes of The One Show and the NC countdown.
CA
Capybara
Radio Times reporting that last night's figures means The Masked Singer is ITV's best new entertainment show launch since Splash! in 2013.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-01-05/masked-singer-launch-ratings/
TI
This Is Granada
The musical sting "who are ya, who are ya, whos that behind the mask" is already stuck in my head.

I'm really enjoying it so far...Joels super white teeth are distracting but it good to see someone different given a prime time presenting role instead of the same old boring conveyor belt of Holly n' Phil, Ant n' Dec, Dermot, Emma Willis etc
IS
Inspector Sands
Gave this a try tonight, it's oddly watchable.

The bits where the panel are trying to guess the singers identity is very much like the equivalent in Through The Keyhole, only without the audience being able to clap if they're getting warmer.

When I saw the standard of 'celebrity' at the end I realised it was even more like Through The Keyhole! Confused
itvblocks, what and Brekkie gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
If I'm not mistaken the daisy is...

Which is quite impressive if so.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The format was on TF1 in France before Christmas. It's been recommissioned for a second series.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
It's a lot more fun than other celebrity singing competitions. X Factor Celebrity need never exist again.
BM
BM11

Not sure she is a great get- majority of the audience won't know her or any of her songs.
DB
dbl
BM11 posted:

Not sure she is a great get- majority of the audience won't know her or any of her songs.

Not even 'Milkshake'?

BM
BM11
dbl posted:
BM11 posted:

Nope but it's clearly her - the cafe is similar to the one in the clue.
BM
BM11
St Paul's in Duck's clue could point to Tessa Sanderson who married there. Ditto the church being seen in Queen bee's video. People don't seem to be picking up the background visual clues in the VT's which are there.
JO
Jon
I think octopus is Courtney Act, I’m surprised the judges didn’t pick up on the Drag Race reference in the VT.

Newer posts