TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jamesrl

There were stories in the newspaper (I know you cannot believe everything you read in the paper!!) that there was some upset that Charlotte was getting the 6-6.30am slot and the lack of BAME presenters. Kate will more than likely do Thursday, Charlotte's day off, but looks like they are giving Friday's slot to Ranvir. Wonder where Sean fits into all of this?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Sean probably fits in as he does now, he’ll do the 6am slot with the same frequency as he currently acts as newsreader.

And on days when Kate is the host rather than the newsreader, she won’t be the 6am host
CW
CraigWills

There were stories in the newspaper (I know you cannot believe everything you read in the paper!!) that there was some upset that Charlotte was getting the 6-6.30am slot and the lack of BAME presenters. Kate will more than likely do Thursday, Charlotte's day off, but looks like they are giving Friday's slot to Ranvir. Wonder where Sean fits into all of this?

Ranvir hasn’t been seen in the ‘newsreader’ role since becoming political editor, she’s only ever is in the studio as a main host and occasionally as political editor for analysis. With the newsreader having an increased role I wonder if they’re going to be using Ranvir more in that role but then there’s really no need when Sean is capable cover. And Charlottes been doing Fridays since Ranvir become political editor. I feel the consistency in the Westminster role is a good thing too, so I’d have kept Ranvir to that.
BR
Brekkie
Amazed Sean has survived six years really when they don't seem to value him anywhere near as much as they should.

Does Kate still do the Smooth Radio show at 10am - makes that a bit of a tighter turnaround now at the end of the week
DavidWhitfield, JamesTV and BBI45 gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Amazed Sean has survived six years really when they don't seem to value him anywhere near as much as they should.

Does Kate still do the Smooth Radio show at 10am - makes that a bit of a tighter turnaround now at the end of the week

Yes she does.
NA
natoswald
So Charlotte on Monday, Tuesday and Friday then?

RE
Reece24
Charlotte has just announced that she will be doing 7-9pm every Sunday on Classic FM, so if she was going to take an extra day off, I'm surprised it's not Mondays.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
You make the assumption that the radio show is live
RE
Reece24
You make the assumption that the radio show is live

Fair point.
FA
fanoftv
https://www.instagram.com/p/B65f226FSLJ/?igshid=jg7oi0k933hi

The GMB team appear to have been in this morning to do a trial run of the new 6-6:30 slot.

It appears that there may be some new graphics for the weather and a use of the big screen:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B65eA55lfLK/?igshid=1xpp0qaa3avrl

Edit: looking more closely, I think you see a glimpse of the new desk at the end of the scan around the studio which could indicate that it is being placed in front of the weather screen, which is why Laura is using the large wall.
Last edited by fanoftv on 4 January 2020 1:09pm
DM
DeMarkay
I would love to see a weekend edition of GMB.
JO
Jonwo
I would love to see a weekend edition of GMB.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Newer posts