TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Josh posted:
What's this Tunnocks advert/documentary that's airing right now? It's been going on for at least 5 minutes.

Similar to what they did last year. It's odd because you never see Tunnock's at any time outside of Scotland and then on New Year's Day they take up an entire break.
TV
iloveTV1
Like ITVs decision to air a film tonight at 12.10am. I thought it was good idea.
RI
Richard
Looking on YouTube, Big Ben can hardly be heard on ITV’s coverage:

Looking at the following version, however, someone has edited in the BBC coverage att the appropriate point, where the Bongs and music are much clearer:

NW
nwtv2003
From this weekend both the Coronation Street and Emmerdale omnibuses move from ITV2 to ITV3. ITV2 showing more repeats in their place.
BR
Brekkie
That feels like it is the logical move but be interesting how it changes the demos. ITV2 definitely cutting the apron strings now with the main channel - other than Take Me Out and You've Been Framed repeats (and presumably still the next day soap repeats) I don't think they rerun much from ITV at all.
SP
Spencer
From what I can see, it’s only the omnibuses which are changing channels. The single episode repeats are still on ITV2 - although this move might be testing the water for shifting them all over.
JA
james-2001
The Emmerdale Omnibus did used to be on ITV3 (as well as ITV2) for quite a while in the past. Don't think the Corrie omnibus has ever been on there though.
BR
Brekkie
Will ITV2 be having to show something else signed in it's placed? Not sure what the requirements are but pretty sure the weekend morning editions were usually signed.
SC
Score
That feels like it is the logical move but be interesting how it changes the demos. ITV2 definitely cutting the apron strings now with the main channel - other than Take Me Out and You've Been Framed repeats (and presumably still the next day soap repeats) I don't think they rerun much from ITV at all.

They’ve cut back quite drastically on repeats of the main channel’s entertainment shows too. They used to repeat each episode of BGT/X Factor at least three times over the course of a week. It was normally late on the Saturday night they aired on the main channel, then on the Sunday evening, then again at some point in the week, whereas now I think they just get one repeat on Sunday afternoons. I notice they aren’t repeating The Voice at all this year either, they’ve given the Sunday repeat slot to The Masked Singer.

Pretty sure they used to repeat certain (younger skewing) dramas from the main channel at one point too. Plus of course they’ve almost entirely got rid of the spin-off shows, with only Extra Camp left now they’ve (wrongly IMO) axed More Talent. Whilst it does mean they stand alone as a channel much more I’m not sure the replacements actually rate any better.
SP
Spencer
Will ITV2 be having to show something else signed in it's placed? Not sure what the requirements are but pretty sure the weekend morning editions were usually signed.

It’d be a shame if we’re robbed of moments like this...

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Score posted:
I notice they aren’t repeating The Voice at all this year either, they’ve given the Sunday repeat slot to The Masked Singer.

Just to say I see The Voice scheduled on ITV on Sunday afternoons (12:40pm)
SC
Score
Score posted:
I notice they aren’t repeating The Voice at all this year either, they’ve given the Sunday repeat slot to The Masked Singer.

Just to say I see The Voice scheduled on ITV on Sunday afternoons (12:40pm)

It is yes, but normally the talent shows get a Sunday repeat on both the main channel and on ITV2 (The Masked Singer is getting both) but The Voice only has the one repeat this year.

Newer posts