TV Home Forum

The Late Late Gay Byrne Irish Television Thread

Irish TV legend passes away (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
Does anyone know how the new daytime schedule on VM One is doing in Ireland since they dumped the simulcast of This Morning and Loose Women?
LL
London Lite Founding member
VM News, Six O'Clock Show, Elaine and Ireland AM returned today from Christmas break. Today on RTÉ One returns next week.
BA
Ballyboy
I didn’t know they dumped the simulcast of this morning and loose women, thought it was a good shows on the channel
RO
rob Founding member
The death has been announced of Marian Finucane, former RTE continuity announcer and presenter.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0102/1104037-marian-finucane/
JK
JKDerry
I didn’t know they dumped the simulcast of this morning and loose women, thought it was a good shows on the channel

Yes they ditched them for home produced daytime shows.

Wow I am surprised at the death of Marian Finucane. Wow.
TV
TVLand
rob posted:
The death has been announced of Marian Finucane, former RTE continuity announcer and presenter.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0102/1104037-marian-finucane/

Fantastic broadcaster, she will be greatly missed. RIP.
BK
bkman1990
I only heard about Marian Finucane's death now. I am in shock. She was one of the most finest broadcasters to ever grace this island. I think the only TV programme that I remember her presenting when I very young was Crimeline which was the predecessor to Crimecall on RTÉ One. She presented it with David Harvey from it's launch year which was back in 1992.

There is a news report about the programme's launch here on the RTÉ Archive website.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/media/2017/0907/903031-rte-launches-crimeline/

RIP Marian Finucane. Sad
AJ
AJB39
Shocked and saddened. Another Irish broadcasting legend gone, this time too soon. RIP Marian!
BK
bkman1990
The Late Late Show had a longish tribute for Marian tonight with some her RTÉ colleagues talking about her career with Ryan Tubridy.

In other news. RTÉ Player has a new TV ad which suggests that it has nabbed some new Irish streaming rights of 2 american shows.

The new shows are called pen15 (Hulu original series) & The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS).

There is also some more new RTÉ Player originals launching soon as well. There is one series in which I think is called The Angry OAP's. That is a show that comprises of three people sitting down in a studio setting talking about things that relate to them in Ireland.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ's version of Dancing with The Stars has gone a lot more blue in it's graphics with the title sequence being reworked to include blue, black & orange. The set has a number of lighting changes applied to it. It has a lot less gold upon the walls. But a lot more blue, silver & orange added to it. Also a big DWTS logo is featured on the back wall & on the studio floor. The actual construction of the set itself has not changed at all. It is still the same from previous years. The title music is also the same from previous years.
JK
JKDerry
RTÉ's version of Dancing with The Stars has gone a lot more blue in it's graphics with the title sequence being reworked to include blue, black & orange. The set has a number of lighting changes applied to it. It has a lot less gold upon the walls. But a lot more blue, silver & orange added to it. Also a big DWTS logo is featured on the back wall & on the studio floor. The actual construction of the set itself has not changed at all. It is still the same from previous years. The title music is also the same from previous years.

Does RTE still not feature a live band, which Strictly does here?
BK
bkman1990
Quote:
Does RTE still not feature a live band, which Strictly does here?

No. DWTS in Ireland does not have a live band available like Strictly.

Newer posts