TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Any reason why ITV (main channel) seems to be ad free this evening? Not seen any commercials for the best part of an hour and a bit and they're just running promos in the breaks? We were even greeted with an ITV nightscreen set of stills after Catchphrase promoting daytimes.
Last edited by Worzel on 1 January 2020 6:48pm
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Any reason why ITV (main channel) seems to be ad free this evening? Not seen any commercials for the best part of an hour and a bit and they're just running promos in the breaks? We were even greeted with an ITV nightscreen set of stills after Catchphrase promoting daytimes.

ITV rarely run ads in the 6pm (or 10pm) hour as the use the majority of their primetime quota from 7-10pm. With Emmerdale, Corrie and Bancroft back to back they won't waste them on lower rated content.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
James Hardy ident played going into Good Morning Britain.
TV Live / Podcasts
AW
Andrew Wood Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
New ITV Studios end cap today.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
rob posted:

At first I wondered if they were going to mix up the idents and use different ones from last year for different programmes but it seems to by James Alec Hardy all day so far. I wonder if this is to fill these four days until a new artist is debuted on Monday.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
New ITV Studios end cap today.

JO
Josh
Where was this first spotted? Lorraine had the old bumper.
Fan of the media industry, from the UK.
WH
This Morning.
SP
Spencer (previously Spencer For Hire) Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

I can't help feeling the 'for ITV' is unnecessary when it's on their own channel. It just sounds silly.
CA
Caly123 Wales Wales Today
rob posted:

At first I wondered if they were going to mix up the idents and use different ones from last year for different programmes but it seems to by James Alec Hardy all day so far. I wonder if this is to fill these four days until a new artist is debuted on Monday.

ITV Creates launched on a Tuesday (which was January 1) last year so they would of done straight away this year. I would've guessed they started with a new artist or (weirdly) reused the 2013 set. Also the Faith Bebbington idents launched on November 30th (which was a Saturday) at 7:10pm before The X Factor: Celebrity Final.
Last edited by Caly123 on 2 January 2020 1:50pm
WH

I can't help feeling the 'for ITV' is unnecessary when it's on their own channel. It just sounds silly.

ITV Studios is a standalone division though.

At least it's not as messy as BBC Studios, which manages to get 4 mentions of the BBC on one slide.

I notice there's a new Albert Sustainable logo that's appeared in recent weeks too.
Media Box and Anglialad gave kudos
SP
Spencer (previously Spencer For Hire) Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

ITV Studios is a standalone division though.

At least it's not as messy as BBC Studios, which manages to get 4 mentions of the BBC on one slide.

I notice there's a new Albert Sustainable logo that's appeared in recent weeks too.

Just because the BBC does something even more silly, doesn't make it right. And yes, we all know on here that ITV studios is a different division to ITV the channel, but I doubt the general public has given it a second thought. The internal politics of an organisation shouldn't be an excuse for unnecessary clutter.
JosiahStuart, Brekkie and MMcG198 gave kudos

Newer posts