TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Is this going to be a permanent schedule, because it feels like a temporary one. This is not going to work long-term.

It's as permanant as a TV schedule gets

Why do you think it won't work?

Lorraine can’t have that long left?

Ridiculous.
Ittr and davidhorman gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
It is the odd thing with TV and radio - yes, they're doing a job they love and many of us would not even consider work, but considering most people would love to retire early it seems to be a dirty word in the entertainment industry.

I don't think she'll be going anywhere for the next 5 years or so, but now is the time ITV should probably be beginning to think about a sucession plan - or will we just see the 9.25am junction return with another half hour added to GMB and This Morning.

Back to the present(ish) day and are the schedules out yet for the 11th/12th January. The 9.25am junction remains intact this weekend but with all the Sunday shows airing their last episode of the series. Was wondering if it's the same the next weekend as moving The Sara Cox Show (talking of successors!) to 9am might make quite a bit of sense too.
TV
iloveTV1
It's as permanant as a TV schedule gets

Why do you think it won't work?

Ridiculous.

I was talking about the show here, not the host. She will inevitably want to stop soon.
NJ

Ridiculous.

I was talking about the show here, not the host. She will inevitably want to stop soon.

It's all very well saying "I was talking about the show" now, but perhaps you should have said that in the first place. Words cost nothing.
TV
iloveTV1

Ridiculous.

It's all very well saying "I was talking about the show" now, but perhaps you should have said that in the first place. Words cost nothing.

Did you seriously think that I meant the presenter? I didn’t feel that I needed to clarify that.
NJ

Did you seriously think that I meant the presenter? I didn’t feel that I needed to clarify that.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous post in this discussion, in particular the last three words. I also draw the poster's attention to the fact that other contributors to the thread were also under the impression that you were referring to Lorraine Kelly, as opposed to Lorraine, the TV show.
LS
Lou Scannon
Long may Ms Kelly continue to present her morning show.

Whenever she does eventually step down, I see no reason for ITV to "replace" it with anything other than essentially "the same show" but with a new host and title.

It has clearly long been the right content on the right channel at the right time for the target demographic. Unless its popularity wanes even whilst Lorraine is still at the helm, or any replacement host quickly proves unpopular with viewers*, there's no reason the change it.

(*Highly unlikely, as they'd surely pick someone who has previously "auditioned" by filling-in when Lorraine is off, and has therefore already proved themselves a worthy potential replacement and popular with the viewership)
JO
Jonwo
I think Christine Lampard will eventually replace Lorraine or maybe even someone new who may emerge in the next decade.
JO
Jon
Jonwo posted:
I think Christine Lampard will eventually replace Lorraine or maybe even someone new who may emerge in the next decade.

In other words you don’t have a clue.
JC
JCB
Jonwo posted:

Alright Mystic Meg
DW
DavidWhitfield
ITV continuing to use their new year countdown featuring FS Matthew (now SEVEN years out of date) but nice to see Alastair Stewart in his usual NYE fireworks bulletin.

Happy New Year, folks.
JO
Josh
What's this Tunnocks advert/documentary that's airing right now? It's been going on for at least 5 minutes.

Newer posts