TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
Mixed at best from what I saw. Was honestly one of the worst quiz formats I've ever seen.

No that award remains with National Lottery Peoples Quiz 2007...
JO
Josh
I don't believe this has been mentioned anywhere else and I can't find the relevant thread:

There's a new ITV Daytime promo highlighting the new timings, with the presenters from each show handing an ITV-branded relay baton to the next show.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Josh posted:
I don't believe this has been mentioned anywhere else and I can't find the relevant thread:

There's a new ITV Daytime promo highlighting the new timings, with the presenters from each show handing an ITV-branded relay baton to the next show.

It's funny to me that they've just extended a couple of pre-existing shows to cover the hole left by the abrupt cancellation of The Jeremy Kyle Show, and yet they're billing it as if it's some exciting new line-up.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Josh posted:

It's funny to me that they've just extended a couple of pre-existing shows to cover the hole left by the abrupt cancellation of The Jeremy Kyle Show, and yet they're billing it as if it's some exciting new line-up.

Technically it is a new line up after years of hitting the 9:25am junction. It's the first time I believe (I may be wrong) in the current ITV plc era that something straddles that junction. Back in the 1980s it happened on Sundays for Disney Club or whatever it was called, and in the 1990s for Formula 1 coverage. In the GMB era probably only for breaking news coverage.

Its probably safe to assume losing Jeremy Kyle stuffed ITV up big time, and nothing else they've put in there comes close to it ratings wise, and its probably cheaper in all honesty to extend GMB and This Morning than it is to commission something else which may also bomb.
BR
Brekkie
Technically it is a new line up after years of hitting the 9:25am junction. It's the first time I believe (I may be wrong) in the current ITV plc era that something straddles that junction. Back in the 1980s it happened on Sundays for Disney Club or whatever it was called, and in the 1990s for Formula 1 coverage. In the GMB era probably only for breaking news coverage.

Well apart from the Rugby World Cup a couple of months ago and in 2003 and 2011, along with the Football World Cup in 2002. I think though this is the first regularly scheduled programme though since the Disney Club.

This maybe the most cost effective solution for now but they're going to have the same issue in the not too distant future when Lorraine finally calls time on her show.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
This maybe the most cost effective solution for now but they're going to have the same issue in the not too distant future when Lorraine finally calls time on her show.

Well they'll worry about that when they come to it.
For all you know Kelly might want to work into her 70s, 80s and maybe 90s. Angela Lansbury's 94 years young for goodness sake and still appears in theatre, films and whatever else - good luck to her.
TV
iloveTV1

Well apart from the Rugby World Cup a couple of months ago and in 2003 and 2011, along with the Football World Cup in 2002. I think though this is the first regularly scheduled programme though since the Disney Club.

Is this going to be a permanent schedule, because it feels like a temporary one. This is not going to work long-term.
IS
Inspector Sands

Is this going to be a permanent schedule, because it feels like a temporary one. This is not going to work long-term.

It's as permanant as a TV schedule gets

Why do you think it won't work?
TV
iloveTV1

Lorraine can’t have that long left? I think This Morning will feel too padded. Am I right in thinking that Loose Women is the same length as it was before?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Can I ask why people think Lorraine doesn't have long left? Because without an answer I'm going to assume it's pure sexism and you think she should be put out to pasture now she's hit 60.
CA
Cando

Lorraine can’t have that long left?

Definitely no misogyny there....
JC
JCB

Lorraine can’t have that long left?

She's only 60 Rolling Eyes
Ittr and Lou Scannon gave kudos

Newer posts