TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GB
Gary Baldy
AS 21 posted:
As it turns out Challenge have got the programme information wrong for Family Fortunes. They’re saying it’s Bob Monkhouse but instead showing series 7 (Les Dennis’ first series).

Nooo, that’s a shame. Was looking forward to seeing Bob’s episodes.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Yes, it was a shame the scheduled series 2 of Family Fortunes with Bob Monkhouse was not broadcast this morning. I assume it is because Challenge haven't the rights, or there was a last minute problem with the tapes, or the EPG info for all platforms was incorrect in the 1st place. I hope it is shown at a later date.
AS
AS 21
Play Your Cards Right is back on Saturday at 5pm, along with Strike it Lucky at 7pm the same day.
Stakeout repeats get shown again next Monday at 10am
A shame they’re going back to the start of series 10 with Weakest Link, I always watched the repeats but there isn’t any point if they’re doing this.

27 days later

GB
Gary Baldy
Strike It Lucky Series 4 has been acquired- I don’t believe they’ve shown series 4 before have they? It’s always 1-3 and 7-9.
HA
harshy Founding member
it keeps on repeating the same stuff over and over again they need to start raiding the archives properly and improve the mushy SD picture of 544x576
JA
JAS84
If they shows were made in SD, which anything before the late 90s definitely would've been, and possibly up to the mid 2000s, there's nothing they can do about it.
HA
harshy Founding member
They can they need to show the channel in 720x576 most of these shows shown donkeys ago were probably broadcast like this.
JA
james-2001
Strike It Lucky Series 4 has been acquired- I don’t believe they’ve shown series 4 before have they? It’s always 1-3 and 7-9.

They were showing Series 4 a few weeks ago, they hadn't shown it since the early 00s until recently though.
GM
Gary McEwan

They were showing Series 4 a few weeks ago, they hadn't shown it since the early 00s until recently though.

Did they ever acquire series 6 with that ridiculous brown set?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Did they ever acquire series 6 with that ridiculous brown set?

It has previously been shown as there are screenshots around with a previous Challenge logo DOG but possibly not under Sky ownership.
GB
Gary Baldy
I wonder if they’ll get any Sale of the Century in the schedule in memory of Parsons? They often seemed to do that whenever the host of a gameshow they’ve shown had died- but with all their inactivity on social media etc, I think Challenge is sadly nearing the end.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect the rights just got more expensive. Didn't Just a Minute gave a short TV run too?

Newer posts