« Topics
Rkolsen3,075 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
Something odd occurring this morning... Wasn't 'The Briefing' laid to rest?

The 5am bulletin began with Mike Embley welcoming PBS viewers as well as UK and World..... and then then this popped up in the second half hour.

For now it is. It returns January 2nd. I imagine it popped up because the people building the show used preexisting templates.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
Newsroom1,866 posts since 2 Mar 2005 Recently warned

The 5am bulletin began with Mike Embley welcoming PBS viewers as well as UK and World..... and then then this popped up in the second half hour.

For now it is. It returns January 2nd. I imagine it popped up because the people building the show used preexisting templates.

Right, but it didn't kick in until the second half hour. That's surely not automated.....
Formerly News Room
I've scored a Hat-trick of WARNINGS
noggin14,704 posts since 26 Jun 2001

Right, but it didn't kick in until the second half hour. That's surely not automated.....

Most BBC News programmes are (or were) made in half-hour running orders. If the 'brand' of a show is dependent on a code at the top of the running order, the second half-hour's running order (or the template that it is automatically created from to generate pre-populated skeleton running orders that are then populated by production journalists) could easily have a rogue command in it.
UKNewsHound gave kudos
SuperSajuuk297 posts since 24 Feb 2018
STV North Reporting Scotland
I think Annita is a great presenter for the papers. Did she ever present them before (excluding recent cases over the last couple days)? It would be nice to see a bit of a shake up with the presenters for the night shift, instead of just having the same line up all the time, it might make the reviews more interesting!
Rolling News1,011 posts since 27 Dec 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I think Annita is a great presenter for the papers. Did she ever present them before (excluding recent cases over the last couple days)? It would be nice to see a bit of a shake up with the presenters for the night shift, instead of just having the same line up all the time, it might make the reviews more interesting!

I'm not sure if she's ever been on this late before since 2013 (I know she did the late shift regularly at weekends at TVC) so probably not. It's very rare for Annita to appear anywhere other than daytime hours these days, and is one of the few remaining presenters who sticks to their own schedule and rarely presents outside their own shift.
ittrgrey and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
Seems World has had issues and they are just playing back a recording of the 11pm NC bulletin for the NC (unless it’s on the world feed as well?) at the midnight simulcast join up. The recording is bad quality though, constant sound spikes when people’s voices peak.
gordonthegopher gave kudos
harshy6,371 posts since 24 Mar 2001
Bbc news channel as well with a recorded bug in the old style how bizarre.

World is in Grey full width with the new font but that looks bizarre too.
SuperSajuuk and gordonthegopher gave kudos
Just towards the end of the pre-recorded interview, the video/audio cut out completely to a stuck globe. As soon as the scene jumped to the sports center, the static audio increased and the video started to screen tear significantly. Seems recorded playback does not work very well if they’re playing back sports bulletins from the sports center in the recording.

Seems the whole recording broke after jumping to Salford, it’s still bad quality after leaving Salford and returned to Lukwesa