The Gallery

A Premise

Asking For Help (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Hello.

I'm thinking of a mock or a series of mocks based on the following premises

In 1991 ITN lost the franchise to provide news to the ITV Network in favour of a new company called Channel 3 News (C3N) which took over in 1993

Likewise ITV was renamed Channel 3.

It is a fictional station so there will be no connection to any existing ITV company of the time.

I have the following software

Adobe After Effects CC 2019, iMovie, Wondershare Filmora 9 and Apple Motion 5.4

I'm starting from scratch so all constructive help would be gratefully appreciated. I'm deadly serious about this and want to use next year to improve my techniques. I will not actually put any mocks on here but I will post ideas e.g. sketches, storyboards etc.

Many thanks and Happy New Year

(NB I was going to put this in the Guide To Mocking sticky but it's been closed)
Last edited by Ne1L C on 29 December 2019 1:19pm
TG
Tim Goodwin1
So, starting from here we have a new look channel 3 with new franchise holders: Meridian, Westcountry, Carlton, GMTV and C3N.
NL
Ne1L C
So, starting from here we have a new look channel 3 with new franchise holders: Meridian, Westcountry, Carlton, GMTV and C3N.

Yes that's correct but the mocks will only be for C3N.
TG
Tim Goodwin1
sounds, interesting. I get a feel that the would be a unified channel 3 brand in the 00s like what we get with ITV today but onto the most important parts.

One thing I was considering is the name of the news programmes. I would use the ITV rebranded names from 1999 such as nightly news and evening news and with that I will go for something like Lunchtime Report for the afternoon.

I could see this as a potential conqueror of itv regions a la Carlton in the 1990s and they could form a pact with Carlton due to interest from the new LNN which they set up with LWT, thus Granada stayed out of London in 1994.
NL
Ne1L C
As stated this will not be a rushed project but I will be posting sketches and storyboards from time to time.
Last edited by Ne1L C on 29 December 2019 5:36pm - 2 times in total
NL
Ne1L C
Quick Update. I'll also be using Google Earth and Google Earth Studio. Some exceedingly rough screenshots have been made.
BR
Brekkie
Maybe you should have waited until you have something to present until you opened the thread. As a concept you're not selling this to me at all and nobody looks back on the brief days of C3 North East and C3 Yorkshire fondly. As an alternative history idea maybe there is merit in looking at what might have happened had that been deemed successful, but really struggling with the idea when there is nothing to accompany it.

Did have a look at your gallery to try and get an idea of the sort of style you might go for, but every single thread has been greyed out.
NL
Ne1L C
Ok before you watch this video here are a few points to bear in mind

1. This is an exceedingly ]rough draft. I won't even call it a mock. Its an idea of where I want the final mock to go.
2. I am using google earth studio so it will be present day footage not 1993
3. The idea is that the title sequence starts in London and then flies to Paris, Beijing, Sydney and finally New York
4. The studio clip at the end is just a placeholder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PPfc34m2AM
RH
richard h

1. This is an exceedingly ]rough draft. I won't even call it a mock. Its an idea of where I want the final mock to go.
3. The idea is that the title sequence starts in London and then flies to Paris, Beijing, Sydney and finally New York

I actually like the flying from 1 location to another. it would create quite a dramatic opening with the right music timed to the movement

Would the locations change each day depending on where in the world the main stories are?
NL
Ne1L C

I actually like the flying from 1 location to another. it would create quite a dramatic opening with the right music timed to the movement

Would the locations change each day depending on where in the world the main stories are?

The locations would stay as they are.
BR
Brekkie
Well it fits the era but not sold on it.
NL
Ne1L C
This is a work in progress and I appreciate it isn't floating your boat. I'm using the feedback to try various ideas.

Newer posts