TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Can I just be Mr Pedantic and point out that the thing on Christmas Day is not and never has been called 'The Queens Speech'
GE
thegeek Founding member
You certainly may. The Queen (or possibly HM The Queen) in listings; I think it's The Queen's Christmas Broadcast on the titles.

Looks like it's the BBC's turn to produce this year.
VM
VMPhil
Can I just be Mr Pedantic and point out that the thing on Christmas Day is not and never has been called 'The Queens Speech'

I didn’t call it ‘The Queen’s Speech’. I called it the Queen’s speech.

Edit: apologies if this post comes across as angry or passive aggressive. It didn’t come across that way in my head but re-reading it, it does. I was attempting to be pedantic about pedantry.
Last edited by VMPhil on 23 December 2019 8:09pm
IS
Inspector Sands
You certainly may. The Queen (or possibly HM The Queen) in listings; I think it's The Queen's Christmas Broadcast on the titles.

It's The Queens Christmas Message
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Christmas_Message
JO
Josh
TE
tesandco Founding member
Week 52 of ITV Creates began at 6am this morning, with Anna Lomax's work for the 'exploding confetti' logo. Although the first broadcast doesn't actually show the cylinders explode. Additionally always the sticklers for accuracy in this junction at ITV, it also contains an incorrect pre-recorded announcement which mentions Boxing Day but is still promoting GMB, despite the fact the show was not on in favour of CITV shows today. (Though it does still start with a big C spouting toxic gas so...)

First 6am broadcast, complete with wrong programme announcement

Main Youtube Video
Last edited by tesandco on 26 December 2019 6:55am - 4 times in total
:-(
A former member
Considering the announcement referenced starting the day with a bang - maybe a different version of the ident had been expected to play out. Bit of a mess all round on this one.

Now, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, but I'm wondering if the exploding confetti will be saved for New Year's Day? ITV's own video seems to suggest so.
JO
Josh
Ah, yes. Confetti on TV, that won't cause any problems...

Logistically speaking, I take it we'll (hopefully) see this ident until New Year's Day, when we'll get a new ident to take us to the following Monday?
AS
Asa Admin
Something went a bit amiss with that GMB announcement then, surprising that wasn't picked up by anyone involved. Not sure GMB has ever had a Boxing Day edition?

The confetti has exploded on the more recent showings today, several different versions as normal.
JO
Josh
Well, if we don't get Project 104, I suppose we have to resort to these...

JA
JAS84
The hell? Two of those seem to be based on the early 80s logo - the one used on Channel 4's ITV Schools pres. And another one is a serif font.

And another one was lazy enough to just use breakbumper footage on a tablet for the logo.
BR
Brekkie
Josh posted:
Well, if we don't get Project 104, I suppose we have to resort to these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQPmbX5NSj8

Still significantly better than Oneness. Very Happy

Newer posts