The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Well, this was unexpected ......

Who's the best 10pm weekday newsreader, Huw or Tom; there's only one way to find out.......!

No contest! Big Trev would wipe the floor with both of them!
RN
Rolling News
AlexS posted:
It’ll be Jane, Clive or Reeta I expect on BBC One (There isn’t a teatime bulletin of course, just a very late night one)

Surely theyre not going to bring someone in for ten minutes so late in the evening so it's likely to be someone like Ben Brown or even Lukwesa who'd also be on the NC.

They did yesterday when in spite of Carrie Gracie, being on News Channel duty, Reeta did the BBC1 Lunchtime Bulletin.

Found it odd on Monday that despite the 1 and 6 being shortened by 15 minutes, that all three bulletins still had three different presenters.
IS
Inspector Sands

Found it odd on Monday that despite the 1 and 6 being shortened by 15 minutes, that all three bulletins still had three different presenters.

The duration of the bulletins is irrelevant, the time between them is surely the factor? 1 presenter doing a 13 hour shift or 3 popping in to do shorter ones?
CA
Cando
Well, this was unexpected ......

Who's the best 10pm weekday newsreader, Huw or Tom; there's only one way to find out.......!

No contest! Big Trev would wipe the floor with both of them!

Bless, his 2008 stint proved otherwise.
Julie far superior
JO
Josh
Carrie Gracie is presenting the Na1 on BBC One
ST
South Today
Josh posted:

Highly surprising!
RN
Rolling News

The duration of the bulletins is irrelevant, the time between them is surely the factor? 1 presenter doing a 13 hour shift or 3 popping in to do shorter ones?

Yes but they could’ve done what they do at weekend and use the News Channel presenter for the One and the same presenter for the Six and Ten, that way only using 2 presenters.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Josh posted:

I don't know if it was just me, but she didn't seem quite with it. Stumbled her way through the bulletin.
ST
South Today
I don’t recall such a large gap between BBC bulletins last year?
RD
RDJ
I don’t recall such a large gap between BBC bulletins last year?

Last year they had bulletins at 12.20, 17.15 & 23.30.

A bulletin could have easily been shoehorned in this year if the Strictly special didn’t run for 80 minutes.
DV
DVB Cornwall
A reasonable decision, after the year we’ve collectively been through a prolonged Christmas Day sans News wouldn’t be inappropriate.
NE
Newsroom
Newswatch will be awash with complaints over the scrapping from the early evening bulletin. It’s one of the highest rated bulletins of the year and a staple part of Christmas Day. Not everyone wants to switch to the news channel for 30 mins of news not interrupt whatever they are watching to do so.

A ridiculous move.

Very happy Carrie got that gig. She didn’t stumble her way through the bulletin at all. Made one mistake, and certainly switched out her ‘go to’ black attire of late for some Christmas red.

Newer posts