TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2019

Programmes, schedules etc. (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
RDJ posted:
I forgot Newsroom South East gets a mention on The Vicar of Dibley in the Nativity episode they’re currently airing.

Lives on nearly 20 years after death!

It's not an episode that gets repeated that often on BBC1 - they usually opt for the earlier Christmas special with the multiple lunches.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Most things digital TV promised didn't last long, if they materialised at all. Did the interactive card slot in the original Sky Digital boxes ever get used?

Nuts TV used it. I’m not joking.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/satellite/a130565/loyalty-card-to-use-second-sky-slot/
JO
Josh
Let's give thanks this Christmas:

DA
davidhorman
Something that might be of interest to people here, The Two Ronnies: The Studio Recordings is getting a repeat tonight on BBC 2 at 20:00. It includes unedited studio footage from recordings.
JE
Jenny Founding member
I'm disappointed that "Comedy Connections: One Foot In The Grave" has been dropped from BBC Four tonight. I wonder what led to that?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Jenny posted:
I'm disappointed that "Comedy Connections: One Foot In The Grave" has been dropped from BBC Four tonight. I wonder what led to that?

The programme was 40 minutes long and seems to have been replaced by an hour long documentary.
JE
Jenny Founding member
Jenny posted:

The programme was 40 minutes long and seems to have been replaced by an hour long documentary.

The hour-long documentary was always scheduled. They just dropped Comedy Connections and moved everything after it forward by 40 minutes.
JA
JAS84
Which brings us back to the original question - why was it dropped?
WH
Whataday Founding member
I have to say I'm impressed with the set design on the Miranda special. It's simple yet very effective for the variety show format, and suits the theatre surroundings.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I have to say I'm impressed with the set design on the Miranda special. It's simple yet very effective for the variety show format, and suits the theatre surroundings.

Such fun!
PA
Parker
If only there were studios to make a series in....
JO
Jon
If only there were studios to make a series in....

There is. Things don’t have to be made in London.
bilky asko and Cando gave kudos

Newer posts