TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
What are the latest Millionaire episodes Challenge have access to? I notice Sony Channel are now showing episodes from the final few shows of the Chris Tarrant era (2014) which makes sense considering Sony have owned the rights since 2008!
JO
Jon
Sony own all the rights and have shown early episodes too, I’m pretty sure Challenge have showed episodes right up until the tacky Celebrity Live era. I noticed Sony were showing the ‘The People Play’ week of episodes so called because by this time is was just Celeb episodes until this. They left the viewer competition voice over in with the VT covered by a ‘This is A Repeat’ caption. Which I thought was pretty poor.
Last edited by Jon on 23 December 2019 1:02am - 2 times in total
AS
AS 21
Johnr posted:
What are the latest Millionaire episodes Challenge have access to? I notice Sony Channel are now showing episodes from the final few shows of the Chris Tarrant era (2014) which makes sense considering Sony have owned the rights since 2008!

I’m sure Challenge have shown the last episodes as well since I remember them being shown a while ago. Don’t think they have shown The People Play episodes yet.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
[quote="AS 21" pid="1202109"]
Johnr posted:
Don’t think they have shown The People Play episodes yet.

I remember seeing these on Challenge last year I think. I remember as everyone was getting the questions wrong and not winning the big amounts which was frustrating Tarrant - probably why he quit in the 1st place, as noone was willing to gamble, or being led along the garden path by the addition of the clock.

New Series 6 Max Bygraves episodes of Family Fortunes being shown this morning on Challenge! Very Happy. Nice to see a 35 year old programme aired on the channel!!
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 23 December 2019 11:00am
AS
AS 21
And according to the schedule next week, they are showing series 2 (Bob Monkhouse episodes of FF).
A lot of the episodes are missing according to TV Brain website and I’m not sure if they were shown on Challenge years ago
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
AS 21 posted:
And according to the schedule next week, they are showing series 2 (Bob Monkhouse episodes of FF).
A lot of the episodes are missing according to TV Brain website and I’m not sure if they were shown on Challenge years ago

I wouldn't take TV Brains/lostshows.com as an authoritative source on what's missing and what isn't.
JA
james-2001
Nope, Challenge have actually broadcast several episodes of FF and Bullseye that TV Brain have said are missing. They showed all 26 episodes of Series 4 of FF for a start, despite TV Brain's claim that some are wipeeld

Good to see Series 6 of FF, I don't think that's been shown since around 2002.
Last edited by james-2001 on 23 December 2019 1:02pm
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Surely it must be ages since Series 2 of Family Fortunes with Bob Monkhouse, was last shown on Challenge, and certainly not in it's Freeview era. Hopefully this is sign of further classic ancient gameshows/quizes to come. I hope these Max/Bob episodes will be repeated like the Les editions are and not one-off screenings.
JB
JasonB
I see Challenge are relying on The Chase once again for their Christmas viewing.
AS
AS 21
As it turns out Challenge have got the programme information wrong for Family Fortunes. They’re saying it’s Bob Monkhouse but instead showing series 7 (Les Dennis’ first series).
TV
iloveTV1
I saw a promo saying that Challenge have acquired the rights to broadcast Pointless Celebrity. It will air weekdays at 7pm from the 6th Jan.
TI
This Is Granada
From the 6th Jan, the Weakest Link goes back to series 10, ep1 again in the 6pm slot.

Just before xmas we got up to S10, ep115 during the 6pm/7pm double bills. So have challenge ran out of 'new' episodes so are starting again with s10, ep1.

The Weakest link had done really well and I've enjoyed watching it again. Hope they buy in more series. (Would really like to see the early years again, series 1-3 for example).

Newer posts