TV Home Forum

ITV in 2020

New programming and some returns.... (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Jon posted:
Jon posted:
Interesting Eggheads Jeremy Vine is hosting ‘Quiz Master’, which will surely see Chasers and Eggheads pitted against each other.

No.

Quote:
Quizmaster, a 90-minute peak time special, sees 15 previous contestants on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Mastermind, The Chase, Fifteen to One and University Challenge compete in a high-stakes battle to become ultimate quiz champion.

You do realise most of the Eggheads and Chasers have been on most of the shows? It seems like a missed opportunity to not include some of them but you think they’d say something about it in the blurb if it was the case. Again I can’t see ITV dedicating a 90 minute special to this unless there was some representation from these two shows.

Turns out, there is some involvement from Eggheads but can’t see any Chasers. All representing the shows that made them famous and Barry from EastEnders.

DavidWhitfield and bilky asko gave kudos
RI
Richard
According to the ITV Media newsletter 2020 has some massive shows coming up...

Some of these are...

Alan Carr's Epic Gameshow
Alan Carr hosts the return of five legendary
gameshows as Play Your Cards Right, Take Your Pick, Strike It Lucky, Bullseye, and The Price is Right are supersized for 2020!

Alan Carr’s Gameshow Marathon then...
BR
Brekkie
No mention of Ninja Warrior, which is rumoured to have been axed. I'd have thought that would have leant towards the much coveted male demographic - not sure what the recent series rated (though better than The X Factor I'm sure) but it used to be steady at around 4m.
:-(
A former member
What a miserable line up.
ET
ethanh05
What a miserable line up.

Shouldn't that be their slogan?
james-2001, Matthew_Fieldhouse and Custard56 gave kudos
SC
Score
No mention of Ninja Warrior, which is rumoured to have been axed. I'd have thought that would have leant towards the much coveted male demographic - not sure what the recent series rated (though better than The X Factor I'm sure) but it used to be steady at around 4m.

A few tweets from Chris Kamara and the production company suggest it is returning next year. I guess then that it might have been moved to the Autumn. That pack only covers the first half of the year (excluding the H2 preview at the end) and with The X Factor surely reduced and Take Me Out probably gone they’ll have gaps to fill, so might be turning to Ninja Warrior to move.

It would be an odd time to axe it given they seem to be rolling out the Ninja Warrior UK Adventure Parks across the country with the show’s branding all over them. Ratings for the last series were as good as could reasonably be expected at 6.30pm in May, shares were usually 20%+.
BR
Brekkie
Good news. It is also very repeatable - you can retune in at any point in an episode at any point in the series and get what is going on.

20 days later

TT
Telly Twanger
Wasn't Epic Gameshow supposed to air this year - I'm sure they've filmed some Christmas specials of one or two of the shows too which were surely intended to air this Christmas rather than next.

They were going to start with the Xmas special but realised that would be a bit odd so will start with the regular episodes next year and the Xmas special will air this time next year.

It's not like Insert Name Here did the same thing on a series.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Or The Simpsons.
GO
gottago
Wasn't Epic Gameshow supposed to air this year - I'm sure they've filmed some Christmas specials of one or two of the shows too which were surely intended to air this Christmas rather than next.

They were going to start with the Xmas special but realised that would be a bit odd so will start with the regular episodes next year and the Xmas special will air this time next year.

It's not like Insert Name Here did the same thing on a series.

The very first episode wasn't a Christmas special.

Newer posts