TV Home Forum

ITV in 2020

New programming and some returns.... (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steddenm
According to the ITV Media newsletter 2020 has some massive shows coming up...

Some of these are...

Alan Carr's Epic Gameshow
Alan Carr hosts the return of five legendary
gameshows as Play Your Cards Right, Take Your Pick, Strike It Lucky, Bullseye, and The Price is Right are supersized for 2020!

Metro: A Rail Life Story (w/t)
In this new series, we chart the lives of those who use and run the biggest Metro system in Britain outside London: Newcastle’s Tyne and Wear Metro.

Dr Ranj On Call
Why wait 4 hours at your stretched A&E when you can be seen every week by the nation’s favourite TV doctor? This weekly magazine show sees Dr Ranj offering viewers GP-style advice, tips and short how-to-guides on a range of medical matters.

Loads more available on the PDF here: https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/download_file/force/958/702
DM
DeMarkay
At the very bottom, it suggests that Love Island is moving to the main ITV channel in Q3 2020.
AS
Ash101
At the very bottom, it suggests that Love Island is moving to the main ITV channel in Q3 2020.

Not sure it does? Hey Tracey is also on the same page & that’s also ITV2.
ST
steddenm
I think that's just saying what's coming up in Q3/Q4 on the ITV Family of Channels
JO
Jon
Interesting Eggheads Jeremy Vine is hosting ‘Quiz Master’, which will surely see Chasers and Eggheads pitted against each other.
UB
UBox

Newcastle’s Tyne and Wear Metro.
Did the person who wrote that actually realise quite how stupid that phrase sounds.
DavidWhitfield, msim and Spencer gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Jon posted:
Interesting Eggheads Jeremy Vine is hosting ‘Quiz Master’, which will surely see Chasers and Eggheads pitted against each other.

No.

Quote:
Quizmaster, a 90-minute peak time special, sees 15 previous contestants on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Mastermind, The Chase, Fifteen to One and University Challenge compete in a high-stakes battle to become ultimate quiz champion.
BK
bkman1990
ITV will show the final cookery series by the late Gary Rhodes in the 1st quarter of 2020. It's called Rhodes Across the Middle East. It's written in the daytime section on page 32. I will assume here that this series will receive high numbers of viewers from fans on ITV's main channel & ITV Hub who had loved his work as a chef over the years. It's also a nice way of sending a fitting tribute to him after his tragic passing earlier this year. R.I.P. Gary Sad
Last edited by bkman1990 on 21 December 2019 10:10pm - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
ITV will show the final cookery series by the late Gary Rhodes in the 1st quarter of 2020. It's called Rhodes Across the Middle East. It's written in the daytime section on page 32. I will assume here that this series will receive high numbers of viewers from fans on ITV's main channel & ITV Hub who had loved his work as a chef over the years. It's also a nice way of sending a fitting tribute to him after his tragic passing earlier this year. R.I.P. Gary Sad

I think this was published before he died. He was in the middle of recording it so I don't know if it'll see the light of day. If his family approve of showing it, then it depends how much was already recorded I guess.
BR
Brekkie
Wasn't Epic Gameshow supposed to air this year - I'm sure they've filmed some Christmas specials of one or two of the shows too which were surely intended to air this Christmas rather than next.

Metro would be a strong regional series and Dr Ranj a strong daytime series - neither are that exciting when it comes to primetime TV.

I think ITV know better than to move Love Island - it's target audience is already watching it on ITV2. I'm surprised though they've not introduced a late night repeat on ITV - indeed not sure it even gets a narrative repeat on ITV2 now. They stopped trying to edit it for a daytime rerun a couple of years ago.
JO
Jon
Jon posted:

No.

Quote:
Quizmaster, a 90-minute peak time special, sees 15 previous contestants on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Mastermind, The Chase, Fifteen to One and University Challenge compete in a high-stakes battle to become ultimate quiz champion.

You do realise most of the Eggheads and Chasers have been on most of the shows? It seems like a missed opportunity to not include some of them but you think they’d say something about it in the blurb if it was the case. Again I can’t see ITV dedicating a 90 minute special to this unless there was some representation from these two shows.
GO
gottago
Wasn't Epic Gameshow supposed to air this year - I'm sure they've filmed some Christmas specials of one or two of the shows too which were surely intended to air this Christmas rather than next.

They were going to start with the Xmas special but realised that would be a bit odd so will start with the regular episodes next year and the Xmas special will air this time next year.

Newer posts