TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Josh posted:
Kylie Minogue bumper just spotted.

Looked this up and you're not wrong, there's going to be a Kylie Minogue programme on Channel 4. Then they're going to show a concert film.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/kylie-minogue-spend-secret-night-channel-4-december

Now, I have no strong opinions on Kylie Minogue. But Channel 4 is the last place I'd expect to see dedicated shows for an established, mainstream pop star. It seems more like an ITV, Sky One, maybe even BBC One kind of thing. I know Channel 4 has evolved to be more mainstream over the years, but this still seems a bit unusual. Just me?
JO
Jonwo
Josh posted:

Looked this up and you're not wrong, there's going to be a Kylie Minogue programme on Channel 4. Then they're going to show a concert film.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/kylie-minogue-spend-secret-night-channel-4-december

Now, I have no strong opinions on Kylie Minogue. But Channel 4 is the last place I'd expect to see dedicated shows for an established, mainstream pop star. It seems more like an ITV, Sky One, maybe even BBC One kind of thing. I know Channel 4 has evolved to be more mainstream over the years, but this still seems a bit unusual. Just me?

Maybe everyone else turned it down.
JO
Jon
Josh posted:

Now, I have no strong opinions on Kylie Minogue. But Channel 4 is the last place I'd expect to see dedicated shows for an established, mainstream pop star. It seems more like an ITV, Sky One, maybe even BBC One kind of thing. I know Channel 4 has evolved to be more mainstream over the years, but this still seems a bit unusual. Just ume?

Didn’t they show Robbie at Knebworth a few years ago? which seemed like a big deal at the time.
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Didn't they show Kylie's Showgirl Tour as well a few years ago?
VM
VMPhil
Interesting, I guess it's still rare enough for it to feel unusual to me.
FB
FBC
Didn't they show Kylie's Showgirl Tour as well a few years ago?

Yeah, her 2008 tour also aired on 4 (or one of its spinoffs) at the time.
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:
There's been a break flash of Kylie standing in a long dress (with no actual branding) in use since at least the 11th. Is that the one you mean?
JO
Josh
Josh posted:
There's been a break flash of Kylie standing in a long dress (with no actual branding) in use since at least the 11th. Is that the one you mean?

Yes. Wasn't sure if it was documented here
DB
dbl
The Tiger Who Came To Tea has its own special ident.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Specifically it's the same bumper/sting they've had scattered around random junctions the last few weeks, just with continuity over the top this time. Presumably also why they had to have such a rushed anno as it was never very long to start with!
JO
Josh
For what it was, I think that was very good and lived up to the hype. It's what Judith Kerr would have wanted.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Sounding a bit like when one of the BBC regions plonks someone random from the newsroom in front of a microphone, a few special (and questionable acoustic quality) '4 All The UK' announcements from Channel 4 this afternoon featuring people from their new offices.

Merry Christmas and all that!

Video - Bristol

Video - Glasgow

And more...
Last edited by tesandco on 25 December 2019 7:32pm - 7 times in total

Newer posts