The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

(July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
AxG posted:

Just flicking through, some regions have one type of lower-third, Yorks. & Lincs. had another, South West had another, whilst some had none.

The lower thirds have always been a problem with Inside Out due to the kit being used across the regions, so no cohesion.
LL
Inside Out NW used the Breakfast/NWT studio instead of a green screen.

13 days later

LL
When did Juniper take over production of Sunday Politics SE? They've moved to a part of the set with a large video wall.

51 days later

LL
Has there ever been an instance of repeating a report from Inside Out twice in the same run? South East showed the same report about sand art in Dymchurch twice.
TI
timbouk
Anyone know what occurred on tonight’s 6pm Meei
MW
Mike W
When did Juniper take over production of Sunday Politics SE? They've moved to a part of the set with a large video wall.

2017 by looking at their website

Along with This Week and Sunday Politics London
LO
Londoner
The London edition has been with Juniper for some years

46 days later

ST
South Today
Polly Evans has departed BBC South East after 14 years. Such a shame no on screen farewell. BBC South East Today is a good programme but I can't understand why they don't realise their presenters are a vital part of their communities and mean a lot to viewers.
BA
Ballyboy
Be wondering why Ellie Crisell was on a lot, don’t think she was on the reith launch day either
ST
South Today
Be wondering why Ellie Crisell was on a lot, don’t think she was on the reith launch day either

She hasn't been main anchor for sometime... she moved to a correspondent role.
LL
Polly Evans has departed BBC South East after 14 years. Such a shame no on screen farewell. BBC South East Today is a good programme but I can't understand why they don't realise their presenters are a vital part of their communities and mean a lot to viewers.

What goes around, comes around. Rob and Polly replaced Geoff Clark and Beverley Thompson and if I recall, Geoff took the BBC to an industrial tribunal.

Polly's departure seemed to be gradual, moved off the sofa to the newsroom, then returned briefly as a correspondent before departing for a non-industry job.

The inconsistency in the lead roles is frustrating, sometimes it's Rob and Natalie Graham, Rob and Ellie Crisell, Rob and Lynda Hardy, Rob and freelancer Marcella Whittingdale and Rob or Natalie on their own. It's only the SET cleaner that needs to do the anchoring!

They also have a random Breakfast shift rota. Largely consisting of Marcella Whittingdale or a broadcast journalist, but then use newsroom journalists such as Rebecca Kenyon or Radio Kent newsreaders.
ST
South Today
I don’t recall a regional programme that has gone through so many lead anchors. Laurie Mayer, Bev & Giles, Bev & Geoff, Rob & Polly and now Rob & Natalie. The only constant is the ever superb John Young!

Newer posts