The Newsroom

Al Jazeera English | Refresh 2020

(March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Stan Grant (formerly of CNN International) is now an anchor on Al Jazeera, based in Doha.
GI
ginnyfan
^^ Is Veronica Pedrosa still with AJE??? She and Stan used to present CNN's Hong Kong morning show, before she left and Kristie replaced her.
JW
JamesWorldNews
^^ Is Veronica Pedrosa still with AJE??? She and Stan used to present CNN's Hong Kong morning show, before she left and Kristie replaced her.

No. Veronica left quite a while ago and is now a freelance journalist, broadcaster and campaigner.

Until recently, she operated in a freelance capacity “with a commitment to Al Jazeera”, and would present from Doha HQ for one month every year during the summer. But, haven’t seen her doing that for a few years now.
BA
bakamann
Stan Grant (formerly of CNN International) is now an anchor on Al Jazeera, based in Doha.

Stan Grant's recent role is the Global Affairs and Indigenous Affairs Analyst of ABC News in Australia.
NY
NYTV

No. Veronica left quite a while ago and is now a freelance journalist, broadcaster and campaigner.

Until recently, she operated in a freelance capacity “with a commitment to Al Jazeera”, and would present from Doha HQ for one month every year during the summer. But, haven’t seen her doing that for a few years now.

IIRC Veronica started the summer presenting bit after the Kuala Lumpur studio bulletins were axed

24 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
The “new-look” will debut LIVE from Doha on the evening of 1st January 2020.

Looking forward to see and hear the new AJE.

The slight “tweaks” to the online and Social Media presence have been quite nice, thus far anyway.

Hazem Sika, one of the launch anchors at the station, has recently left. So, I’m keen to know which anchor will have the honour of anchoring the relaunched channel, given that this is the first major change to the brand ever since the channel was launched.

From those launch days, I think there are only two of the original (and best) presenters remaining with AJE to date.
London Lite and Justin gave kudos
:-(
A former member
I really hope the new graphics have better spacing on them than at present.
KT
KT4YU
I think we'll get a rendition of AJB or ex-AJA style graphics, I saw a new programme end slate appear on the channel yesterday I think, the logo animated exactly as it does for AJB's IDs

I really hope they keep the sting between the headlines and the start of the actual news programme, I hate this "Sky Newsy" zero effort on presentation and continuity details.
BK
bkman1990
Does anyone here know what specific time in the evening is AJE's relaunch on the 1st of January?
JW
JamesWorldNews
I think it’s around 7pm Doha time.

AJE seem to have adopted a slight editorial redirection. The channel was never prone to send anchors out on location in the same way that BBC, Sky, CNN and others do.

However, Peter Dobbie was recently anchoring on-location at Westminster for the UK elections. Today, Elizabeth Puranam is in India, covering the recent legislative changes.
CH
Charles
This updated breaking news graphic on social media caught my eye.

IS
Inspector Sands
Seems an odd time to introduce new graphics, don't London take over a few hours later? Would seem more logical and neater to change everything while the centre isn't on air

Newer posts