The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MQ
Mr Q
dvboy posted:
Did DR do their own all night programme? In 2015 they took BBC World on DR2, not sure what they did in 2017.

I'm not sure it was all night -- as the clip shows, DR had a special broadcast following the late news, and then a breakfast programme in the morning. I think they screened BBC coverage in between. At least that's what I remember seeing in the TV guide.
ST
steveboswell
Yes, DR2 carried the BBC between midnight and 6am their time.
WW
WW Update
Speaking of international election night coverage, here's a report of how ORF in Austria has covered various U.S. elections since the 1960s -- with lots of interesting footage:

UK
uktvwatcher
Ukraina 24, a new 24-hour news channel in Ukraine has officially lanuched today. The channel replaced Eskulap TV.
WW
WW Update
In Italy, the regional news on Rai Tre has introduced a refreshed look to celebrate the channel's 40th anniversary:

AG
AxG
Never really a fan of anything that Italian broadcasters do when it comes to sets, graphics, music etc. Sad
WW
WW Update
AxG posted:
Never really a fan of anything that Italian broadcasters do when it comes to sets, graphics, music etc. Sad

I agree. Italy's mediocrity in this area is always surprising given the country's impressive tradition of, say, industrial design.
Last edited by WW Update on 17 December 2019 12:18am
NYTV, dbl and Brekkie gave kudos
WW
WW Update

And from SWR, here's the news for Rhineland-Palatinate:

And here's the edition for the other Land served by SWR, Baden-Württemberg:

WW
WW Update
The news on RTCG in Montenegro has a new look:

WW
WW Update
And here's Nova M, one of RTCG's commercial competitors:

EL
elmarko
I’ve become addicted to German news themes this past few days and I’m holding you all responsible.
LL
London Lite Founding member
BFM Paris, a live from a reporter's car during the French public transport strike from Monday morning.

Mouseboy33 and WW Update gave kudos

Newer posts