TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Imagine telling someone from 2010 that by the end of the decade The X Factor would be getting sub 2m viewers and being beaten by Channel 5 programmes.
BR
Brekkie
ITV2 don't want the Xtra Factor anymore, never mind the main show.

Note though by signing an exclusive talent deal with Simon ITV gave prevented him moving it elsewhere with him being involved on screen.
DB
dbl
Time to send X Factor to the glue factory.
X-factor beaten by Channel 5 last night

JB
JasonB
dbl posted:

I think the rubbish tip would be more appropriate.
BI
Bignewsfan1
It is time the X Factor is cancelled completely - past its sell by date
WH
what

Maybe just get rid of Simon Cowell altogether? I think his shows have been the greatest cause of post-2002 ITV’s downmarket image.
TL
toby lerone 2016
dbl posted:

To make matters worse for Simon Cowell although X Factor the Band wasn't on last night the Strictly Final averaged 11.3 million peaking at 12.5 million, if X Factor drops anymore tonight it will have 10% of the Strictly average audience.
JO
Johnr
Was the only live show tonight? (Loved Dermot having little digs throughout 'this should be Week One but you're a finalist!')

I've forgotten the names already but it was clear from about 10 minutes in which were the stronger band so 2 hours was a very drawn out affair
NI
nigel
what posted:

Maybe just get rid of Simon Cowell altogether? I think his shows have been the greatest cause of post-2002 ITV’s downmarket image.

Also the rise of bland music.
SW
Steve Williams
what posted:

As opposed to its pre-2002 downmarket image, presumably. ITV has always been the home of popular brash mass entertainment, throughout its entire history.

Whether the individual shows are any good or not is another question.
BR
Brekkie
And generally speaking they've massively raised the bar in production values but The X Factor is destroying it by hanging around too long. I doubt Simon will even be humble enough to let it go out next year promoted as the final series, as it should have this year (well, 3 years ago actually) and instead it'll just drift away trying to cling to survival.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Do we know how badly it did last night ?

Newer posts