The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Studio J?

They're making these up now.

Where Outside Source is normally broadcast from.
Lou Scannon, Ittr and DeMarkay gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
That glorified bit of corridor/balcony/mezzanine/atrium (whatever) is classed as a "studio"?! Shocked

I might start classifying the front porch of my house as a "conservatory", then...
JW
JamesWorldNews
For a variety of reasons (and not only broadcast reasons) that area and all other areas of the building are given some sort of designation. For whatever reason, this one is known as Studio J.

I don’t know why.
LS
Lou Scannon
I sometimes* fantasise about "UK Today" being revived (for use on BBC One HD instead of the sodding Red Screen Of Death), with it being presented from that "Studio J" area.

(*by which I mean often!)
DO
dosxuk
That glorified bit of corridor/balcony/mezzanine/atrium (whatever) is classed as a "studio"?! Shocked

I might start classifying the front porch of my house as a "conservatory", then...

It's a designated production area, that can work standalone, with all the routing in and out that entails, so while it's not a studio in the traditional sense, it needs a name, and it's not really any different to the greenscreen weather / clip studios, or the multipurpose spaces dotted around the building, all of which have "Studio XX" designations.

IIRC, outside source normally uses studio A's gallery anyway.
SP
Spencer

I once worked for a radio station where we decided to rename the toilet as Studio 3.
JamesWorldNews, thegeek and Lou Scannon gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
It was nice seeing Robert Nisbit, of BBC & Sky News fame, being interviewed about the new Railway timetables today.
MA
Markymark
It was nice seeing Robert Nisbit, of BBC & Sky News fame, being interviewed about the new Railway timetables today.

Really? He just comes over to me as a PR stooge singing the song of whoever is paying him. Keep that in mind as there's a large career overlap between politicans, PR people, and journalists
whoiam989 and scottishtv gave kudos
CU
Custard56

He has appeared quite a lot on the news bulletins over the last year in his role as regional director for the railways.
BR
Brekkie
In that role it would be better for all if there was no need for him to appear on the news.
WO
Worzel

Really? He just comes over to me as a PR stooge singing the song of whoever is paying him. Keep that in mind as there's a large career overlap between politicans, PR people, and journalists

And those working in comms and marketing.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

I once worked for a radio station where we decided to rename the toilet as Studio 3.

Studio n+1 in a lot of stations used to be the nearest pub! In fact I'm sure I heard of somewhere building an additional studio and skipping the next number to avoid confusion with said pub.

Newer posts