The Newsroom

Election Night Results 2019: Presentation and Coverage

(December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NI
nigel
[quote:0321232526="msim" pid="1200818"]These Vine segments are just so utterly pointless. Stupid graphics, patronising delivery and just a wall of noise words that are so difficult to follow and gain anything from. Why do they insist on doing this every single election night? And what exactly is the distinction between what he is doing and what Reeta is doing aside from the different technology involved?[/quote:0321232526]

If you listen to his Radio 2 program, he’s very tabloid and in the mold of Alan Partridge.

Adds nothing to the analysis.
CA
Cando
Dermot finally taking Bercow on about the numerous bullying allegations allegations against him
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
JW
JamesWorldNews
Late to the party due to the time zone: Sky News looks great. The exit poll sequence is the best bit of television I’ve seen on a news programme in years.
TR
TheTravelcard
I'm somewhat surprised but massively impressed with Bianca Nobilo on CNN - out of all the coverage she's the only one who is consistently spot on putting the results in an international context for the audience, explaining the significance of "Workington man" as an example. I don't see her much but compared to when I last watched her about a year or so ago, she's doing great!

John Bercow really is an asset to Sky News, he is a walking Wikipedia of MPs and although he's not loved by everyone he has answered every question Dermot and Beth have asked him pretty directly.
JE
Jeffmister
Bianca is one of CNN International's brightest stars - she's outstanding
BFGArmy, Newsroom and London Lite gave kudos
A former member
CA
Cando
I

John Bercow really is an asset to Sky News, he is a walking Wikipedia of MPs and although he's not loved by everyone he has answered every question Dermot and Beth have asked him pretty directly.

Bookmarked...for when the truth comes out...
CA
Cando
Cando posted:
Dermot finally taking Bercow on about the numerous bullying allegations allegations against him

Very valid as it is, it's not the time for him to even be doing that is it.

If you knew what I knew. He shouldn't be on Sky
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/markdistefano/bercow-bbc-demands
AN
Andrew Founding member
BBC One looks to have gone from a massive studio to one comparable to the sort of VR that ITV use.

ITV’s additional usage of the atrium looks impressive, and probably buts them ahead of the BBC

In terms of the ratings, BBC One will beat ITV massively, so you can see why the BBC have saved money.

I can’t see the point in Channel 4’s coverage, especially the way the result is panning out.
A former member
GI
Gibsy1
TBH he's actually doing a great job and a real asset surprisingly
Brekkie, UKnews and Jeffmister gave kudos

Newer posts