The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
derek500
Lewis Goodall's replacement Joe Pike making a name for himself today!!!
MA
Markymark
Lewis Goodall's replacement Joe Pike making a name for himself today!!!

Hopefully his Sky issued mobile will be fully covered against loss and damage
London Lite and Brekkie gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Why can’t this be the permanent hub? It’s nice!

JO
Jon
Surely, Comcast/Sky UK, can’t be happy about this kind of partisan content trending on YouTube in their name?

It makes me wonder how long that arrangement can last.
BBI45, Markymark and Stuart gave kudos
RK
Rkolsen
Jon posted:
Surely, Comcast/Sky UK, can’t be happy about this kind of partisan content trending on YouTube in their name?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5JPkp59PE

It makes me wonder how long that arrangement can last.

There must be a licensing deal or some sort they probably can’t pull it until a certain time. I don’t see them signing a contract allowing perpetual use of the name to News Corp.
DE
derek500
John Ryley, Head of Sky News, reflecting on two decades of rolling news innovation – and their plans to create a new channel with NBC

https://www.mediamasters.fm/john-ryley/

Haven't played it, so can't comment!!
TT
TTRWE
Everyone who called me a liar constantly for the last few months for saying the decision time music wouldn't happen can apologise now.

Enjoy the blandness of the graphics as well, less colour is more this year unless you like white.
JA
Jarv
SKY's setup looking very impressive
SK
skyviewer
TTRWE posted:
Everyone who called me a liar for saying the decision time music wouldn't happen can apologise now.

This is the most ridiculous music I have ever heard in such a context. I profoundly apologise. Even no on location reporter included in the Intro. Wow what an anticlimax.
AL
alexjac0788
Have to say, the studio looks really rather good. I never thought Sky would pull it off after moving from their old studios, but they have.
JK
JK08
Who the hell made the call to replace the Decision Time music with that crap?
TT
TTRWE
JK08 posted:
Who the hell made the call to replace the Decision Time music with that crap?

Probably the same person who decided to drain every bit of colour out of the graphics.

We have a dreadful new font on the clock countdown, terrible seat graphics which badly need a splash of colour and an overdose of white on everything. They're even more bland than normal Sky Graphics.

Vote 2017 was paired back but was still nice and classy, tonight it's just bland and boring.

Newer posts