TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AD
adamiow
It was probably worth give The X Factor one final roll of the dice before axing to secure five years of BGT.

Unfortunately people have been saying this for the last five years, with no sign of improvement.

If you are keen to keep BGT but have the threat of losing it if The X Factor is not part of the deal, then adding one last year to prove itself before axing is probably worth it for ITV.
BR
Brekkie
I do think that one year of X Factor being at the end rather than the beginning of the contract would probably work out better for all concerned.
AA
Amber Avenger
X-factor beaten by Channel 5 last night

SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Good grief it's totally dead. It's an embarrassment it keeps getting renewed.
BR
Brekkie
Even Julia Bradbury walking up some hills rates better than that. Completely baffled me how ITV have sacrificed prime advertising slots two weeks out from Christmas for something that was always going to inevitably fail.
JA
james-2001
X-factor beaten by Channel 5 last night

Is that the documentry they've already shown at least twice before under different names?
RD
rdd Founding member
Presumably exists solely to fulfill a contractual commitment to Cowell; there can be no other explanation for it.
GO
gottago
Part of me wonders if ITV just agreed to the X Factor to push the deal through and they'll end up ditching it like they did when they signed up The Voice and promised there would be an ITV2 spin off series which never happened.
BR
Brekkie
rdd posted:
Presumably exists solely to fulfill a contractual commitment to Cowell; there can be no other explanation for it.

Surely making a loss on it though. Would have been better off paying up the contract then airing something that rates instead.
TI
This Is Granada
Why dont they just move X Factor to ITV2 saturday nights for the next series?? They could tweak it to fit the ITV2 audience and not be battered by the loss/low ad revenues that ITV1 should normally command in the Saturday night slot?

(And then after 1 flop series on ITV2, they will have a good reason to cancel it and say to Cowell, "hey look we tried to relaunch it for a new audience on ITV2 but it did not work so lets ALL do the right thing and drop it for good")
OR
orange
The Big Brother Effect
JO
Jonwo
Why dont they just move X Factor to ITV2 saturday nights for the next series?? They could tweak it to fit the ITV2 audience and not be battered by the loss/low ad revenues that ITV1 should normally command in the Saturday night slot?

(And then after 1 flop series on ITV2, they will have a good reason to cancel it and say to Cowell, "hey look we tried to relaunch it for a new audience on ITV2 but it did not work so lets ALL do the right thing and drop it for good")

I imagine ITV contractually can't move it to ITV2. Also it's too expensive for ITV2.

Newer posts