Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
This is not presentation but it’s funny and brilliantly handled by Gay Byrne,

SC
Si-Co
LWT continuity from a Sunday morning in 1977:

VM
VMPhil
That's been through so many VHS generations that the river ident looks like a watercolour painting. Fascinating to see though.
BH
BillyH Founding member
It’s interesting to see evidence of the pre-internet days of sharing old presentation - there were entire VHS tapes of footage that all appeared on the earliest pres websites, the quality massively varying depending on how many generations down the footage was. I had one in about 2000-01 that included a 1981 ATV startup copied so much that the music twisted and distorted all over the place and the picture was barely visible, but it was still amazing to actually *see* something outside of the tiny-sized compressed RealVideo net files of the day.
NL
Ne1L C
I always thought tape trading was confined to sci-fi, wrestling, pirate movies and (ahem) mature movies.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I always thought tape trading was confined to sci-fi, wrestling, pirate movies and (ahem) mature movies.

You thought wrong. Smile
GE
thegeek Founding member
This seems relevant:

Some observations from the first minute: what's with the non-standard election 97 logo on the slide? Also the first thing in the menu is 'coming up' at 10pm when they went on air at 10.30. It's also a bit hard to follow the route he takes around TVC but it doesn't quite look like the most straightforward way from TC1 to TC6.
Right, I wonder how much of this I'll get through...
Richard, UKnews and Keith Musselwhite gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Only slightly spoiled the gag with the rehearsal light outside TC1 being on Smile
EL
elmarko
Were those Armistice shows done live or not? I can never remember.
SW
Steve Williams
Were those Armistice shows done live or not? I can never remember.

The election night one obviously was, and one of the best thing about it is how slick it is given it's three hours of complicated live television fronted by three people who had presented absolutely none of it previously. The regular Armistice wasn't live.
EL
elmarko
It seems like a stupid question but I couldn’t remember if it had results in it or just the bbc news astons
UK
UKnews
This seems relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t301NH_jbZE

Some observations from the first minute: what's with the non-standard election 97 logo on the slide? Also the first thing in the menu is 'coming up' at 10pm when they went on air at 10.30. It's also a bit hard to follow the route he takes around TVC but it doesn't quite look like the most straightforward way from TC1 to TC6.
Right, I wonder how much of this I'll get through...

On the timing there’s a bit of info buried here:

https://dhanendran.com/ive-got-funny-hair-i-m-mister-tony-blair-6c6b2c32f525?gi=ef80971e0be9

Short version: they did a short bit at 10pm (the Honor Blackman sequence), then ‘Have I Got News For You’ was shown, before Armistice started properly at 10:30pm.

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/bbctwo/england/1997-05-01

At the time I must have taped it and watched it the next day, rewatched the start of it last night and it still made me laugh.

I’m guessing the Dimbleby sequence was recorded earlier in the day / evening and then there’s a cut to a part they filmed at 10pm once they had the exit poll - I wonder if they were trusted enough to get it early, not many people are! Even those that are don’t get it that long before 10pm.
Last edited by UKnews on 12 December 2019 7:12pm - 2 times in total

Newer posts