The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
Don’t news channel normally take WorkLife?

They do, from 8:30-9am each weekday. I think he meant on this occasion they joined them 6 minutes late due to the Corbyn interview on Breakfast.
MA
Markymark
RDJ posted:
There’s a new overhead camera in the newsroom providing cross-directional images of the newsroom. Similar to sports stadium cameras for Rugby and Football matches.

That seems rather an elaborate creation just for the election, when they already have 'trundle cam' for the newsroom.

I'd be very surprised if it was a permanent feature. Such things are normally hired in, as are the operators, as they are potentially lethal devices. In other words, very expensive to maintain and operate.
GE
Gareth E
Victoria Derbyshire in Studio E today. Normal VD graphics. Victoria did the 10am news update herself from the desk.

In Victoria's words, Studio B is 'slightly broken today'.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I'm surprised E is the backup location rather than A for this kind of show. Unless A is unavailable for Election prep.
MI
m_in_m
I'm surprised E is the backup location rather than A for this kind of show. Unless A is unavailable for Election prep.

I suspect it isn't as Newswatch has been in D when I've seen it recently and Marr uses the other side of D instead of A which seemed to have been it's backup location in the past.
TR
trance

Correct - currently no desk
RK
Rkolsen

Well the desk is usually tucked into the right side of the green screen. It may be there. The Facebook live was shot at an angle like they were hiding something.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 11 December 2019 6:02pm
SO
southern_boy

Well the desk is usually tucked into the right side of the green screen. It may be there. The Facebook live was shot at an angle like they were hiding something.

Nope, desk has been fully removed.
FG
FraserGJ
Sounds like Christmas trees go up on BBC News on Dec 19th - there was a mention at the end of Electioncast last night...
CH
chris
Odd there’s no Victoria Derbyshire this morning. I suspect it’s because B is out of action but of all the days you want alternative stories, it’s today.
DA
DAN09690
chris posted:
Odd there’s no Victoria Derbyshire this morning. I suspect it’s because B is out of action but of all the days you want alternative stories, it’s today.

Also the entire extended Newsroom Live is on BBC Two the lack of Politics Live perhaps less surprising however.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
chris posted:

Doubt that's the reason, Victoria Derbyshire hasn't been on the schedule and studio B was working fine Tuesday.

Newer posts