« Topics
Markymark7,575 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
There’s a new overhead camera in the newsroom providing cross-directional images of the newsroom. Similar to sports stadium cameras for Rugby and Football matches.

That seems rather an elaborate creation just for the election, when they already have 'trundle cam' for the newsroom.

I'd be very surprised if it was a permanent feature. Such things are normally hired in, as are the operators, as they are potentially lethal devices. In other words, very expensive to maintain and operate.
Rkolsen gave kudos
Rkolsen3,075 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
I'm surprised E is the backup location rather than A for this kind of show. Unless A is unavailable for Election prep.

Correct - currently no desk

Well the desk is usually tucked into the right side of the green screen. It may be there. The Facebook live was shot at an angle like they were hiding something.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 11 December 2019 6:02pm
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
southern_boy57 posts since 25 Jan 2015
Meridian (South) South Today
I'm surprised E is the backup location rather than A for this kind of show. Unless A is unavailable for Election prep.

Correct - currently no desk

Well the desk is usually tucked into the right side of the green screen. It may be there. The Facebook live was shot at an angle like they were hiding something.

Nope, desk has been fully removed.