TV Home Forum

The Crystal Maze

New series... and a new zone (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Josh posted:
First look at the American family version, starting on Nickelodeon in January. Of course with being filmed in Bristol it doesn't look that different and uses the majority of the games we've seen here, but I have to admit that I think the design used at the end of the clip looks a lot better than ours.

Is that relatively rare that Americans come here to film on one of our sets, rather than one of our productions being filmed elsewhere (most recently with The Wall)

It's becoming a common occurence as of late with this and now The Circle.

I think if either of those two shows had been for one of the main networks, they’d have built their own set. Of course another example is the US/UK co-prod has of Fort Boyard which like all versions of Fort Boyard (if you exclude TCM), was filmed on Fort Boyard.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Channel 4 drop the show, which seems likely but if it does good business for Nick, whether they’d build their own set or keep making it at the Bottle Yard. I’d love to see what they do given the creative freedom to build their own set.

As for the Circle I think that’s pretty much been made by the UK team?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Indeed, a very quick Google takes me to Forbes which suggests the tax rate at the IRS is anything up to 37% at a federal/national level. Its classed as income, apparently. So that $25k if you win the Maze assuming you pay the full 37% only leaves you with $15,750. Some states would tax you as well (it says here) at on average 12%

Is that the state you earn it in, or the one you live in?

I don't know is the honest answer, Forbes may just generalising.
Logic says it would be the state you earn it in, but I don't really fancy going through 50 states worth of local statutes to find out...

37 days later

JO
Josh

They've uploaded an episode, geoblocked in certain countries
JA
james-2001
Josh posted:
geoblocked in certain countries

Including this one.
DB
dbl
*loads up the VPN*

Jon posted:

Indeed, once series 2 of The Circle finished, they pretty much went into the last stages of pre-production for the Brazilian and US version. A quick flip.
Last edited by dbl on 16 January 2020 7:23pm - 4 times in total
BR
Brekkie
The US version was reportedly filmed prior to the 2nd UK series.
TV
iloveTV1
Is The Crystal Maze finished now, remember reading on here that the 2019 episodes were the last.
GE
thegeek Founding member
dbl posted:
*loads up the VPN*

Jon posted:

Indeed, once series 2 of The Circle finished, they pretty much went into the last stages of pre-production for the Brazilian and US version. A quick flip.

Did they not do France too? I know some folk who were working on it for pretty much the whole autumn.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Is The Crystal Maze finished now, remember reading on here that the 2019 episodes were the last.

I believe there are another 6 episodes to air as the 2019 series consisted of 13 episodes. They aired 6 last year & a Christmas Special leaving 6 outstanding.
BR
Brekkie
I think there are still a handful of episodes to air from the first series of the revived run too.
Last edited by Brekkie on 17 January 2020 9:57pm
TV
iloveTV1
I think there are still a handful of episodes to air from the first series of the revived run too.

Yes, although I expect C4 have no plans to air them considering they should’ve gone out nearly 2 years ago.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
There are apparently 3 civilian episodes from the first revived series that never aired. Although they have aired in Australia apparently.

Newer posts