TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
I noticed last night. It’s a different way to get product placement in using the ECP, but nice to see a festive version of the ECP.

Back to the idents, I am lovely the wintery soundtrack and the deer sculpture. As it’s still in use today am I right in saying it’s been the longest running Ident of the year? With the new year happening mid week I expected them to launch new festive idents each Saturday, I’m assuming that they will change over tomorrow, however I think Christmas could have been the time to roll mix them up and use various ones into different programmes.
TV
TVLand
Week 50: Hattie Newman
DJ Dave, Stuart and fanoftv gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Gorgeous, absolutely GORGEOUS! The sweeping shot and then the tilt upwards is sooo good. This is hands down the BEST ITV Creates ident.
:-(
A former member
Ooh yes, very nice.
Stuart, chevron and DeMarkay gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
Gorgeous and incredibly detailed, what a wonderful Ident.

It would be nice to see snow falling in one of the variants.
TO
tomo359
I love it. I think only issue is from the ident shown in the video you can't really tell it's rows of houses. I think if the shot started much closer to the houses and pulled out would beore effective. Also like another poster said, would be lovely to see falling snow during the ident.
Still very beautiful though. Looks like we're getting some good idents for Christmas.

EDIT: having seen one of the different versions on TV which shows different shots, it is brilliant and shows the houses really well. I love it.
Last edited by tomo359 on 9 December 2019 10:29am
JO
Josh
Looks like there was no proper acknowledgement of the new week's ident at 6 this morning - just a generic "Now, Good Morning Britain."
CA
Capybara
Josh posted:
Looks like there was no proper acknowledgement of the new week's ident at 6 this morning - just a generic "Now, Good Morning Britain."

It was a different announcer than usual this morning, I usually hear him introducing Coronation Street rather than GMB. As continuity announcers write their own script, it may be that the acknowledgment of the ident is entirely the brainchild of the usual announcer.
DJ
DJ Dave
I like this one, one of my favourites I think.
RD
RDJ
The Christmas music variant is gorgeous - suits the ident homeliness feel. This one could've easily become ITV's main Christmas ident this year just with a few tweaks to the shots being more long and sweeping and the snowiness of the scene.
SC
Si-Co
Josh posted:

It was a different announcer than usual this morning, I usually hear him introducing Coronation Street rather than GMB. As continuity announcers write their own script, it may be that the acknowledgment of the ident is entirely the brainchild of the usual announcer.

You would expect them to be briefed to acknowledge the new idents. Even though they write their own links, they are given instructions as to which programmes to “point”, ie. promote, and this sounds like something they would be instructed to mention.
BR
Brekkie
Although maybe they're just tired of it and now it's another Monday, another new ident.

Newer posts