TV Home Forum

BBC Two Christmas 2019

New tinsel ident (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonny
I had a terrible dream that for years BBC2 recycled old Christmas idents. They re-edited the soundtracks with choirs and James Brown tributes. And the trail endboards didn't match and bizarrely forgot h o w t o t r a c k t e x t p r o p e r l y .

What a horrible nightmare.
Ittr, Caly123 and VMPhil gave kudos
FO
FanOfTV99
Jonny posted:
I had a terrible dream that for years BBC2 recycled old Christmas idents. They re-edited the soundtracks with choirs and James Brown tributes. And the trail endboards didn't match and bizarrely forgot h o w t o t r a c k t e x t p r o p e r l y .

I think I had the same nightmare. I also had one where BBC One had a new ident and called it something like oneness.
ET
ethanh05
Jonny posted:

I think I had the same nightmare. I also had one where BBC One had a new ident and called it something like oneness.

I can only apologise.
AS
Asa Admin
Interesting to see a non-Christmas ident used last night into The Case of Sally Challen. Understandable, given the subject matter but just a tad surprising that Glamourous wasn't felt suitable enough - it seems to be for all other serious programmes. (Apart from the name of the ident I suppose but viewers won't know that)

https://tvhome.co.uk/bbc-two/2019/12/09/2100
MR
mr_vivian
Asa posted:
Interesting to see a non-Christmas ident used last night into The Case of Sally Challen. Understandable, given the subject matter but just a tad surprising that Glamourous wasn't felt suitable enough - it seems to be for all other serious programmes. (Apart from the name of the ident I suppose but viewers won't know that)

https://tvhome.co.uk/bbc-two/2019/12/09/2100

Agreed.

21 days later

RD
RDJ
Surprised there was no mention of Charlie Brooker 'back' on BBC Two last night with a 'Review of 2010-2015 Wipe' as well as 2016 Wipe in full.

No new content apart from an introduction by Philomena Cunk. It's a shame Charlie didn't have time to record some new links to review the decade in full and fill in the gaps left by the events of the past few years.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I think the mini series "Cunk on Humans" was probably the indirect replacement for a Brooker style show, considering Cunk is effectively the breakout character of Newswipe and has been spun off into other things and work.
CA
Caly123
Original idents have been restored with Feel Good shown before the Glastonbury highlights show.
natwel27 and Custard56 gave kudos

Newer posts