The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I’ve seen him present on the NC fairly recently, so, erm, he has.
NE
Newsroom
Seeing Julia Somerville over on the BBC News thread reminded me of the short-lived “over 50’s” campaign, which I believe was instigated following the departure of Moira from television news bulletins and the various (right or wrong) ageist allegations surrounding it.

Julia Somerville, Fiona Armstrong and Carole Walker were publicly announced as a host of “older faces” to appear on BBC News to redress the balance. (Zeinab Badawi was the other, but she never actually appeared on the Channel).

Has this practice been all but forgotten now? Perhaps the equal pay row has taken greater precedence these days.

Zeinab did present on the News Channel but only one shift. I remember vividly.
MA
Meridian AM
Seeing Julia Somerville over on the BBC News thread reminded me of the short-lived “over 50’s” campaign, which I believe was instigated following the departure of Moira from television news bulletins and the various (right or wrong) ageist allegations surrounding it.

Julia Somerville, Fiona Armstrong and Carole Walker were publicly announced as a host of “older faces” to appear on BBC News to redress the balance. (Zeinab Badawi was the other, but she never actually appeared on the Channel).

Has this practice been all but forgotten now? Perhaps the equal pay row has taken greater precedence these days.

Carole Walker is a regular contributor on CNN. She has been on there a lot with Richard Quest and Bianca Nobilo presenting from London this year, for Brexit coverage in particular.

I also happened to see that Carole was presenting a late BBC Look East West bulletin this week.
MI
m_in_m

Carole Walker is a regular contributor on CNN. She has been on there a lot with Richard Quest and Bianca Nobilo presenting from London this year, for Brexit coverage in particular.

I also happened to see that Carole was presenting a late BBC Look East West bulletin this week.

Carole has presented Look East East late bulletins quite a number of times this year as well.
MA
Meridian AM

Carole has presented Look East East late bulletins quite a number of times this year as well.

Thanks.
I know I saw her on Look East West, but I didn't know she'd done Look East East this year too.
RN
Rolling News
Didn't Ellie Crisell move to regional news?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Didn't Ellie Crisell move to regional news?

Yes, she's with SET as a correspondent and cover presenter.
RN
Rolling News
Has Martine Croxall stopped doing the Fri-Sun late shift now? It always seems to be Lukwesa now whenever I catch it. I miss Martine's witty presence on The Papers.
HB
HarryB
Has Martine Croxall stopped doing the Fri-Sun late shift now? It always seems to be Lukwesa now whenever I catch it. I miss Martine's witty presence on The Papers.

Martine has been covering earlier in the week on Afternoon Live. She also mentioned on twitter she is doing Friday afternoons more regular now rather then the evening.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Katty Kay back on Beyond 100 Days tonight

bkman1990, Custard56 and watchingtv gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
I'm a bit surprised they're letting Simon McCoy have annual leave during election week.
DV
dvboy
Of course he could have booked it off before the election was called.

Newer posts