« Topics
Andrew14,093 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
It’s pretty bad form for a broadcaster as respected as Channel 4 to not fact check first before excitedly running to social media.

During this campaign all sides have been slating every broadcaster for pretty much every move they make, so this doesn’t help.

The fact so much is clipped up out of context apparently showing bias for/against resulting in distrust is a major problem this time.
ittrgrey380 posts since 30 Sep 2017
Had a look at the schedule, and it would appear that Huw Edwards is hosting the BBC coverage from 9:55pm until 9am, when Emily Maitlis takes over. Must say, it does seem that Huw won't be getting much sleep this time.
Charlie Wells3,839 posts since 26 Nov 2003 Moderator
Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
For those who haven't already seen it the BBC News' PR account has tweeted some photos of tonight's set.

Looks like Nick Robinson's podium includes a small speaker as well as a mic which I assume is there as a backup.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
Capybara173 posts since 24 Jul 2018
Granada North West Today
Couldn't they use a christmas tree and ball-balls for each party to show the results

Elections are pretty serious things that can decide the near future of the entire country, I doubt they'd be using trees and baubles as I imagine it would distract from the point. I can also see that being very very tacky.
Aspiring continuity announcer.
Markymark7,579 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today

ITN reputation on ITV and Channel five could suffer soon as well.
I think it's safe to say Channel four wont exist as it does in 2024 if the tories win a majority.

Stop falling for Tory propaganda.

The worse the Tories would do is privatise C4 anyway.

Channel 4 has been under constant threat since it first opened in 1982, so 37 years later, nothing changes. Channel 4 will remain as it is. It is successful as it is, why rock the boat. It is self funded by advertising and receives no licence fee money - take your attention away from Channel 4 and focus on the BBC, that is where the tories want to look at again, not Channel 4

It's all ironic as the Tories set up C4 originally. (They amended Labour's original plan soon after getting into office in 1979, who were to follow the Annan Ctte's recommendation of The Open Broadcasting Authority (OBA) for the fourth channel )
Markymark7,579 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
Couldn't they use a christmas tree and ball-balls for each party to show the results

Elections are pretty serious things that can decide the near future of the entire country, I doubt they'd be using trees and baubles as I imagine it would distract from the point. I can also see that being very very tacky.

Whoosh.

Quite. Though it's only a matter of time
Blake Connolly1,820 posts since 21 Apr 2001
London London

Whereas normally election coverage is the height of good taste.

marshmallow, TorontoCommons and 2 others
  • chevron
  • thegeek
gave kudos
Capybara173 posts since 24 Jul 2018
Granada North West Today

Whereas normally election coverage is the height of good taste.

Which they should be, rather than that.
Aspiring continuity announcer.
watchingtv2,316 posts since 6 Mar 2010
Anglia (East) Look East
SkyNews

Ahhhh #LifeatSky
My contribution is small but you are welcome.
richard h and Brekkie gave kudos
itsrobert6,438 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
ITN reputation on ITV and Channel five could suffer soon as well.

Sorry but, with respect, that is absurd.

For starters, how do you know that it is ITN at fault? ITN provide resources but the editorial content is most likely directed by Channel 4 itself.

And secondly, ITN as a brand is now so non-existent that it won't affect ITV or Channel 5 at all. In fact, it's all credit to ITN that they have been able to produce such varied programming across many outlets over the years to meet their clients' expectations. And remember that's what ITV, C4 and C5 are to ITN - clients. I don't see how one alleged mistake on one outlet would affect the others' reputations. I would strongly suggest that 99% of the British population don't even realise what ITN is anymore.

Please can you stop making these sweeping, ill-informed generalisations all the time? It is becoming really very tiresome.
No further posts are being accepted for this topic