TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
Ella Eyre, Naughty Boy & Leona Lewis all confirmed by Applause store as judges / mentors.
BR
Brekkie
Yuck, they're using the very cheap looking 6 chair Challenge set.
GM
GMc
No Louis? The judge who seemed to have the bands category most often...
BR
Brekkie
From the reports of the filming it seems Leona joined Nicole and Simon on the judging panel and it was basically the 10-Chair Challenge. Essentially Simon has taken one of the most criticised parts of the shows and made a series out of it.
VM
VMPhil
GMc posted:
No Louis? The judge who seemed to have the bands category most often...

Apparently Simon only offered him an advisory role, so he turned it down.
CA
Cando
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factors-future-balance-itv-21035684

Interesting article from the very well sourced Nicola Methven. Looks like a 5 year deal for BGT is on the cards. The future looks grim for the X Factor.
BR
Brekkie
It has to go. I think ITV will actually be grateful for both the incredibly low ratings and crucially the AGT scandal which really gives them the upper hand.

5 years for BGT is a big commitment though but perhaps Simon has leveraged an extra 2 years on the contract with The X Factor going. Wouldn't bet against X Factor returning before those 5 years are up.
Revolution, DJ Dave and HJL gave kudos
JA
JAS84
It has to go. I think ITV will actually be grateful for both the incredibly low ratings and crucially the AGT scandal which really gives them the upper hand.
America's Got Talent scandal? Confused
BR
Brekkie
Accusations of racism, sexism and generally being an egotistical employer following his latest round of firing judges.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/12/gabrielle-union-americas-got-talent-toxic-culture/
Last edited by Brekkie on 6 December 2019 6:38pm
TV
thetvman
Simons's empire seems to be slightly crumbling. The whole AGT scandal going on, which I'm sure will pass, but things like that can tait brands in this era of social media. I bet he's a bit worried about all that going around the press, as AGT is probably his biggest show and also the dwindling ratings on X-Factor.

BGT is still going strong, has a stable lineup, but it makes me wonder how long they can hang onto that...

I think the big mistake they made is that the celeb version was dragged out over weeks and weeks, and then the Band version rushed through in around 4 or 5 episodes. The celeb version would have been much better suited running over a week, and the Band more spread out. I understand it was initially meant to be an 'All-Stars' version, but how can we get to know the members of the band in 4 or 5 episodes? I could be wrong, but I can't see that working out, as selling music, you also need to sell the personalities of the band members to the public.

Simon seems to be lying about the whole launching The X-Factor Band thing in 2020. I don't think ITV would have commissioned 3 versions of The X Factor, just seems to be a spiteful move to upset Little Mix - as they had some kind of fallout.
BR
Brekkie
There just can be no development over 4 episodes in the way One Direction and Little Mix were developed on air over 3-4 months, and in real life over 6 months or so. From what I gather we may only see them perform as a band on the live final if the predictions of Episode 1 being Office Auditions and Ep2/3 being the Boys/Girls "how ever many chairs Simon can find" challenge.

The sad thing is the 8pm filler in between Corrie which has been pulled this week to allow X Factor to start at 8.30pm probably rates better than X Factor Celebrity did. Honestly think the ITV2 style "best of" shows would have been better to fill the slot if they absolutely have to, then perhaps with a one off live All Star showcase (rather than competition) to make use of Birmingham arena.
DM
DeMarkay
The original logo is back with some tweaks, just saw it on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5zqvDaDupP/?igshid=cyltliyjgq4d

Newer posts