The Newsroom

2019 General Christmas election.

12th December: NO drama just presentation. (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
deejay
Looks good

MA
Markymark
I think it was necessary in terms of balance to formally acknowledge on air as part of this series of interviews that Johnson had been repeatedly invited to take part and had declined.

To simply omit him from the series without comment would not really be on.

I agree, but I thought it laboured on rather, and did start to feel as if Neil and the BBC were essential components of General Elections (which they're not)
TI
TIGHazard
Well considering that Andrew Neil effectively read out aloud all the precise questions he wanted to ask the PM on behalf of the electorate I'd say that Johnson now has a distinct advantage over all the other leaders if he chose to show up.

BM
BM11
Looks like Channel Four have just signed their own death warrent

TI
TIGHazard
Boris rejects Andrew Neil debate

Neil responds

:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
DV
DVB Cornwall
I have a hunch that tonight’s debate might not happen, Neil’s ‘masterstroke’ being the reason, he’s quite clearly fed the participating audience with surrogate questions and that’ll irk both sides, one side more than the other mind.

This afternoon could be quite interesting.
BM
BM11
I have a hunch that tonight’s debate might not happen, Neil’s ‘masterstroke’ being the reason, he’s quite clearly fed the participating audience with surrogate questions and that’ll irk both sides, one side more than the other mind.

This afternoon could be quite interesting.

Any evidence of that being speculated?
BM
BM11

Head of Channel four news will probably be gone by 5pm.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Boris Johnson will be LIVE on Sophy Ridge this weekend. As will Jo Swinson.

So, he’s appearing on any outlet possible, apart from the BBC. Lol.

I’ve watched the Channel 4 clip a million times, and am sure he said colour. Either way, whether colour or talent, the word was omitted from the subtitle. Rather dubious.

But, it’s all just become a big noise now. We’ve lost all sense of normality over this particular election. The noise is deafening yet the substance is zero.

Time for a wee break, methinks.....
BM
BM11
Boris Johnson will be LIVE on Sophy Ridge this weekend. As will Jo Swinson.

So, he’s appearing on any outlet possible, apart from the BBC. Lol.

I’ve watched the Channel 4 clip a million times, and am sure he said colour. Either way, whether colour or talent, the word was omitted from the subtitle. Rather dubious.

But, it’s all just become a big noise now. We’ve lost all sense of normality over this particular election. The noise is deafening yet the substance is zero.

Time for a wee break, methinks.....

[tweet

]
ITN reputation on ITV and Channel five could suffer soon as well.
I think it's safe to say Channel four wont exist as it does in 2024 if the tories win a majority.
CA
Cando
BM11 posted:

I think it's safe to say Channel four wont exist as it does in 2024 if the tories win a majority.

Given your record on predictions, I suspect the opposite will be true

Newer posts